Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on buying NVG's. ATN PS15's? TNVC PVS14's? Digital NV?

Feedback Score

Advice on buying NVG's. ATN PS15's? TNVC PVS14's? Digital NV?

I'm looking for a set of night vision goggles with a budget between $5k - $7k. My choices are:

ATN PS15 GEN3's $6000 with a number of free goodies like a MICH mount and upgraded IR Illuminator. Are these goggles able to be powered by an auxiliary battery pack?

https://www.atncorp.com/atn-ps15-3-night-vision-goggles

night-vision-goggles-ps15_photo.jpgnight-vision-goggles-ps15_photo (1).jpg

TNVC Ruggedized PVS14 $7700

https://tnvc.com/shop/ab-nightvision...vision-goggle/

Capture_TNVC.JPG

What Digital Night Vision goggles are available for under $10k?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    No digital, hasn't caught up yet to normal tubes from L3. Still working out latency and refresh times. Check out Steele Industries. You can get some decent fom DTNVGs from them for your budget.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrotz View Post
    I'm looking for a set of night vision goggles with a budget between $5k - $7k. My choices are:

ATN PS15 GEN3's $6000 with a number of free goodies like a MICH mount and upgraded IR Illuminator. Are these goggles able to be powered by an auxiliary battery pack?

https://www.atncorp.com/atn-ps15-3-night-vision-goggles

night-vision-goggles-ps15_photo.jpgnight-vision-goggles-ps15_photo (1).jpg

TNVC Ruggedized PVS14 $7700

https://tnvc.com/shop/ab-nightvision...vision-goggle/

Capture_TNVC.JPG

What Digital Night Vision goggles are available for under $10k?

Stay away from ATN.

The RNVG’s you posted are very good. They’re both durable and lightweight. Some of them can run an aux battery pack but I don’t think that’s a critical feature for most people.

Take into account that you’re going to have to spend a good bit more to fully utilize the system such as mounts, helmet, lasers, optic risers etc.
    Last edited by lahunter57; 04-30-20 at 08:31.

Feedback Score
    This looks great, I have a cheap digital NV monocular - ATN PVS14-3. It works very well. Heat dissipation is very suitable for positioning, but you need high enough resolution to get PID (positive ID). By the way, the two best night vision forums are Arfcom and snipershide, maybe you can get better suggestions. You can bargain, of course, it takes a little luck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ccoooper View Post
    This looks great, I have a cheap digital NV monocular - ATN PVS14-3. It works very well. Heat dissipation is very suitable for positioning, but you need high enough resolution to get PID (positive ID). By the way, the two best night vision forums are Arfcom and snipershide, maybe you can get better suggestions. You can bargain, of course, it takes a little luck.
    I would look at primary secondary before going to Arfcom, way too much derp.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Advice on buying NVG's. ATN PS15's? TNVC PVS14's? Digital NV?

Cheap and night vision do not go together in the same sentence.

That said info put out buy TNVC (they’re overpriced) and JRH enterprises is solid. Glynn at Night vision incorporated is good albeit a little slow with comms but he’s a small shop iirc. I’d call JRH and talk with them personally.

RNVGs exist and are probably the cost effective bino solution out there. Photonis tubes are excellent. Everyone typically recommends a PVS14 first which is reasonable. But after 3 months you’re going to want Dual tubes anyways.

The NV section on TOS is actually pretty decent and there are a lot of knowledgeable people minus the industry dick helicoptering BS.

ATN is hot garbage.

We need a dedicated NV sub forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 05-29-20 at 12:57.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    We need a dedicated NV sub forum.
    +1

This would help topics like this one not fall off the “what’s new” cycle. Although, it might not do anything to increase discussion by knowledgeable people beyond what already exists.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Get 2 separate PV-14's within your budget from TNVC, Mod Armory or the other vendor mentioned above and within your budget. You can purchase one at a time as your budget allows.

Then get the Mod Armory or TNVC Bridge that's in your budget, TNVC offers a powered option but battery packs are another 375-475 ish. Then get a Norotos Rhino 2 with dovetail mount, cheaper than the Wilcox G24 and can get everything closer to your eyes, and stows tighter to your helmet, nightcap, or skull crusher in a more compact format. I have both the Wilcox and Norotos Rhino II. I Like them both for different reasons.

With 2 separate tubes you can let a buddy use one if you're out hunting or training together. Illum and Lasers are another ball of wax and $$.

It all depends on what you want to do and your overall budget.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    In for information, as this will be my next major purchase.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Following for information as I too am in the market for a set of NODS.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast