Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on buying NVG's. ATN PS15's? TNVC PVS14's? Digital NV?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jethroUSMC View Post
    Get 2 separate PV-14's within your budget from TNVC, Mod Armory or the other vendor mentioned above and within your budget. You can purchase one at a time as your budget allows.

Then get the Mod Armory or TNVC Bridge that's in your budget, TNVC offers a powered option but battery packs are another 375-475 ish. Then get a Norotos Rhino 2 with dovetail mount, cheaper than the Wilcox G24 and can get everything closer to your eyes, and stows tighter to your helmet, nightcap, or skull crusher in a more compact format. I have both the Wilcox and Norotos Rhino II. I Like them both for different reasons.

With 2 separate tubes you can let a buddy use one if you're out hunting or training together. Illum and Lasers are another ball of wax and $$.

It all depends on what you want to do and your overall budget.
    This is very sound advice. The KAC bridge is another good option to consider, but it runs around $700. You can also run a dual spectrum setup with this type of bridge, something that cannot be done with a dedicated bino. You are obviously going to sacrifice weight, but you gain a lot of utility including articulating tubes. If you don’t care about articulating tubes or running thermal, then the RNVG is the cheapest and probably the most durable bino you can get right now.

The next decision to make is the tubes themselves but your intended use will play in highly for this decision.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Advice on buying NVG's. ATN PS15's? TNVC PVS14's? Digital NV?

I would second taking a look at JRH Enterprises.

Recent sale on BNVD-SG was $6899 down from $8899.

These are green “HP+” single gain. The HP+ package meets a set of minimum specs that indicates a good performing set. The spec sheet sent with my set meets or exceeds the minimums. Elbit/Harris tubes and assembled by Night Vision Devices. 10 year warranty. Relatively fast turnaround at just over 5 weeks.

My guess is he will have another sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 06-04-20 at 09:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jethroUSMC View Post
    Get 2 separate PV-14's within your budget from TNVC, Mod Armory or the other vendor mentioned above and within your budget. You can purchase one at a time as your budget allows.

Then get the Mod Armory or TNVC Bridge that's in your budget, TNVC offers a powered option but battery packs are another 375-475 ish. Then get a Norotos Rhino 2 with dovetail mount, cheaper than the Wilcox G24 and can get everything closer to your eyes, and stows tighter to your helmet, nightcap, or skull crusher in a more compact format. I have both the Wilcox and Norotos Rhino II. I Like them both for different reasons.

With 2 separate tubes you can let a buddy use one if you're out hunting or training together. Illum and Lasers are another ball of wax and $$.

It all depends on what you want to do and your overall budget.
    Awesome advice, which PV -14s are the best bang for bucks?

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    For what you’re going to pay to make two pvs14s work you’re better off getting Binos. Or bridging a thermal instead.

Tell your friends to stop being poor if they want a 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    +1

This would help topics like this one not fall off the “what’s new” cycle. Although, it might not do anything to increase discussion by knowledgeable people beyond what already exists.
    I second this. Dedicated NV sub forum would be useful.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    I would look at primary secondary before going to Arfcom, way too much derp.
    While true, that section is actually one of the best resources there with knowledgable folks. Also a good knowledge base on the hide.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    What I suggest more than anything is get around the equipment and if your friends don't have then consider taking a class. Most professional NV Classes like those offered from TNVC have rental options. Your about to make a large investment and not really understanding what your about to buy or its true capabilities can not only be expensive but discouraging.

If it were me, and Im deep in the NV pool, I would get a really nice white phos PVS-14. Robert at JRH as mentioned should be able to get you a great Night Vision Devices WP 14 for less that $4K with a real 10 year warranty. There are others that can do the same but they will be built on their bench and probably not be able to offer such a strong warranty. J-Arm and Wilcox Mount another $600. Helmet, well that's another subject if you don't already have one. Just be dome with it and buy a B.E. Meyers MAWL. Yes, you will bitch about the price but be extremely happy in the end.

What is your actual end game? Hunting, start gazing or just want the ability to fight with your carbine while the others are hiding and waiting for the sun?

You can always add to the system. Nothing at all wrong with bridging two 14's and the weight isn't all that bad. TWO is ONE as they say but if you don't have two NV equipped rifles the idea of splitting for a buddy or loved one is just an idea. There is nothing that a 14 cant do that binos really do better other than offer a bit more comfort when used for extended periods of time. Just so you understand with binos you will not see or have any more field of view over a single 14. With binos both eyes are seeing the same thing and your brain process that slightly better. All that being said having an unaided eye has its advantages in mixed lighting situations and in navigating terrain and reading features. A single 14 works much better and faster if your plan includes a white weapon light and/or pistol. There will come a time in the operation when switching to white light is simply needed and will allow faster movement and produce more information.

I run and have both set ups and can tell you because I'm scared of the dark I feel naked without a 14 close at hand. NVGs are simply an amazing, game changing piece of equipment. Before guys buy more guns they should be buying NODs

Feedback Score
    Jrh enterprise he's awesome answers the phone or calls back and will assist however he can. Very knowledgeable//
    jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Anybody know if JRH can get unfilmed WP tubes?

Also does anyone know anything about the ultralight PVS14 housings that I believe NVD makes?

Feedback Score
    If u call Robert at jrh he will answer all of ur ??s b 4 I bought mine I knew nothing about nv he schooled me. I've been a happy customer ever since

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast