Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What options are out there for a LW 1.93" 30mm AR scope mount?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

What options are out there for a LW 1.93" 30mm AR scope mount?

There are not as many 1.93" mounts out there as I thought there would be. Looking to replace a LaRue QD mount for something lighter weight, it needs to be 1.93" 30mm. Non-QD will be preferred unless the mechanism is light weight such Scalarwork. I'm familiar with Badger Ordnance, Geissele, Scalarworks and Spuhr, what other options are out there.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    American Defense makes a 1.93 mount, I'm not sure if weights less than what you currently have.

Also try Warne they might have something that works.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'm familiar with Badger Ordnance, Geissele, Scalarworks and Spuhr, what other options are out there.
    I believe out of your list Scalarworks mounts are by far the lightest at 5.88oz, although many don't consider it a "QD" mount. I would concede it being "tool-less" though. If you are just looking for options, Bobro also makes a true-QD 1.93:

http://www.bobroengineering.com/Sing...-193_p_98.html

I just weighted mine, it's 8.5oz.

You could in theory make your own 1.93 by adding a raiser to existing rings; the Aero Precision rings are about 3 oz and very well-priced; as ghetto as it may be, if you can find a raiser in the 3oz range you'd have an inexpensive 1.93 mount that's 1/3 the price of Scalarworks but just as light.

VT
    Official Account for ValhallaTactical.com. Clever designs for intelligent marksmen.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Your list sounds about right for all the quality 1.93 mounts out there. I have or have had the Badger, Geissele, and ADM. I’m pretty sure the Geissele and ADM are both north of 8 ounces. If I can find my notes on that, I’ll come back to post it.

I just weighed my Badger C1 1.93 mount at 6.7 ounces. If shaving off less than an ounce is worth the extra $100, then Scalarworks is probably the option to go for. Not familiar with Spuhr and what they weigh. There’s apparently a Nightforce 1.93 that I’ve heard rumored to be in the 4.5-5 oz. range but I think it’s not available to the public currently.

ETA: Don’t do rings and riser if you want to depend on your setup. It’s just not a good idea.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 05-02-20 at 07:20.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    ADM is 7 oz with the TI clamps. I would also recommend the badger if you can stomach the additional oz to save the money.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Your list sounds about right for all the quality 1.93 mounts out there. I have or have had the Badger, Geissele, and ADM. I’m pretty sure the Geissele and ADM are both north of 8 ounces. If I can find my notes on that, I’ll come back to post it.

I just weighed my Badger C1 1.93 mount at 6.7 ounces. If shaving off less than an ounce is worth the extra $100, then Scalarworks is probably the option to go for. Not familiar with Spuhr and what they weigh. There’s apparently a Nightforce 1.93 that I’ve heard rumored to be in the 4.5-5 oz. range but I think it’s not available to the public currently.

ETA: Don’t do rings and riser if you want to depend on your setup. It’s just not a good idea.

Same conclusion, the Badger. Thanks for checking your notes and passing on the weight. I, also, looked for the Nightforce and had the same luck.

The riser/ring thing was never an option.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 05-02-20 at 19:31.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Oops there
    Last edited by titsonritz; 05-02-20 at 19:31.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Midwest Industries makes a QD, though it's not what I'd consider lightweight: https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...d30smh-blk.htm
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Don’t do rings and riser if you want to depend on your setup. It’s just not a good idea.
    On hindsight I probably should've asked what the setup's purpose was, before making that suggestion. My apologies.
    Official Account for ValhallaTactical.com. Clever designs for intelligent marksmen.

Feedback Score
    In the "hopefully some day" category: The ADM full titanium mounts and the Nightforce Ultramount.

For now? Badger C1 all the way.

ETA: KAC has a 1.94" mount, but it's heavier than the Badger.
    Last edited by phlegm; 05-04-20 at 16:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast