Please help. I've made the decision to buy my first suppressor, and have secured the needed funds. I am overwhelmed by all the options out there, and have been using the search function extensively. The primary use of the can will be to go on my home defense 12.5" carbine gas BCM upper, so that I don't blow my and the family's eardrums out if I ever touch it off indoors. An added bonus would be if I could occasionally switch it to a 16" ar308 from time to time.

Cost is not really a huge factor, but if I can keep the cost of the can to $1k or less, that would be great. A bigger factor would be length and weight, since the 12.5" is my primary, but I frequently shoot a 6920 as well.

I dont have the ability to shoot a bunch of cans to see which sounds best to me.

Any particular reason to choose Surefire over Dead Air or Silencerco?

Would I regret going with something like a Turbo K?

Is it stupid to get a 30 cal can with my application? The 308 is purely for fun, the 5.56 guns are the ones I train with and take to classes.

The more I think about it, the more confused I get. What's the 6920 or BCM equivalent in suppressors?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk