Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on suppressors

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    You could get the YHM Turbo K2 and Resonator K2 for a little more than your $1k budget and would cover just about any of your needs.

On the other hand, I have a Vox S that should be out of jail soon and think it’s a great all around option. I’ve used it on my 12.5” AR and 6.5CM bolt gun and it sounds nice on both. The meter numbers are near identical to a Turbo K2 on an 11.5” AR according to Suppressed Nation https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFkhg6TiTss

The Turbo K2 really only offers slightly less weight and about an inch shorter than the Vox S and I really don’t find it to be an issue on my 12.5” maneuvering inside my house with the right technique. On a 16” might be different though. Look over those Suppressed Nation YouTube vids for a bunch of other cans, they do a pretty good job comparing and getting numbers.

ETA: NFA Review Channel is also a really good suppressor review YouTube channel. This one showing the Vox S was probably what pushed me to buy it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z17UQUYzPhQ

Also, I can’t recommend Hanson Brothers enough for any of the cans I’ve mentioned. They’re great guys to deal with and probably the best pricing I’ve seen.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 05-02-20 at 07:37.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocaster View Post
    Hypothetically, if 308 is out of the equation, shooting only 5.56/.223
    You’re gonna want to shoot your 30 cal suppressed. I promise. Or, you’ll just stop shooting it if you don’t have a can for it.

Ironman’s advice to get two cans is good advice. Especially if you get ones that can use the same mounts. You can do most of your training with the slightly longer 30 can, which probably won’t filth up your gun quite as bad, and then put the shorter can on for HD, which will probably be a little quieter and more nimble. You’ll eventually get more cans, anyway, just like you have more than one rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocaster View Post
    shooting only 5.56/.223, and you were limited to one can, would you go with a sandman S size can or K size can?
    I think you might be disappointed with a less than 6.5” 30 cal can, at least for the first. If you want to go shorter than that, I’d suggest a tighter bore, but be prepared to make more modifications to the host to mitigate blowback.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    A lot of recommendations in a thread like this may come from someone that only has one or two cans and that is generally the can they will recommend. It is typically not the view of the current market. There are a lot of great recommended cans in this thread but are they a good fit for what you want?

Typically I recommend your rank you needs and we can give you a solid recommendation based one what you are looking for.

Below is example of ranking from most to least important. But this may also change based on what the can will be used for. If its for 300 blk I will value db reduction far more than if its a 308 or 556 can as you will typically be shooting it with hearing protection. If it's only for one gun I may not want QD, ect...

-Mount/locking mechanism
    -POI shift
    -Accuracy
    -Blowback on semiautomatic weapons
    -Signature (flash etc.)
    -Weight
    -Durability
    -Customer service/support
    -db reduction
    -Price

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    A lot of recommendations in a thread like this may come from someone that only has one or two cans and that is generally the can they will recommend. It is typically not the view of the current market. There are a lot of great recommended cans in this thread but are they a good fit for what you want?

Typically I recommend your rank you needs and we can give you a solid recommendation based one what you are looking for.

Below is example of ranking from most to least important. But this may also change based on what the can will be used for. If its for 300 blk I will value db reduction far more than if its a 308 or 556 can as you will typically be shooting it with hearing protection. If it's only for one gun I may not want QD, ect...

-Mount/locking mechanism
    -POI shift
    -Accuracy
    -Signature (flash etc.)
    -Weight
    -Durability
    -db reduction
    -Price
    How about this ranking

--Durability

- length

-db reduction

-Weight

-Price

-Signature (flash etc.)

Mount/locking mechanism (don't want direct thread for the first and second cans)

-POI shift

-Accuracy

The last two are low on the list because I expect I will shoot primarily suppressed once I get my first can, and it will be 90% supersonic 556, and any shooting I do past 50-100 yards is more akin to fun plinking at this point in my life. I am also assuming the POI shift and accuracy would not be significant within 50 yards to affect hitting a 6-8 inch circle

Durability is top, because knowing myself, I am pretty rough on just about all things that I own.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nocaster; 05-02-20 at 10:59.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I will let others chime in based off your priorities but an sico Omega 300 would fit the bill.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My experience has led me to believe that a .30 cal can and a .22 rimfire can are the 2 that people should consider first. I actually shoot my 5.56 can the least because it’s more gassy. I’m a big fan of the YHM offerings. Great qd system, fantastic customer service and priced way below what you would expect.

Feedback Score
    Congrats on making the move!
    It won't be your last! Shooting suppressed is the best! You will definitely want to get a .22 can, that will almost get you movie quiet!

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    Thanks again for all the advice, it's exactly what I was looking for. I've settled on the Sandman S for the first one, to be followed by a mini can that can share the keymo mount, maybe the turbo K. Might form 1 a .22 can while I wait.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You could buy a Sig 762 QD (not Ti) can and its small enough to run on 556 guns as well as 308 and works quite well. I run their 338 can on a 300WM with no issues.
    The can is small enough to not be cumbersome on a 556 gun. A lot of great cans out there, I'm not particular about cans so.....and have many.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-10-20 at 20:38.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have been looking very seriously at TDS cans. https://thermaldefenseinc.com/ (not affiliated in any way beyond being intrigued by the product) The suppressors were created with the collaboration of Oak Ridge National Laboratory at the request of SOCOM and ARDEC.

They are 3D printed out of inconel 718, and are small, light, effective, have excellent flash suppression, and seem to create minimal blowback due to venting system built in to the design. For example the Bantam 2, the one I'm inclined towards is an 8 oz suppressor that's only 5" long!

More info available at one of their dealers here: http://mstn.biz/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?cat=20

What do you guys think?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast