Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on suppressors

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have been looking very seriously at TDS cans. https://thermaldefenseinc.com/ (not affiliated in any way beyond being intrigued by the product) The suppressors were created with the collaboration of Oak Ridge National Laboratory at the request of SOCOM and ARDEC.

They are 3D printed out of inconel 718, and are small, light, effective, have excellent flash suppression, and seem to create minimal blowback due to venting system built in to the design. For example the Bantam 2, the one I'm inclined towards is an 8 oz suppressor that's only 5" long!

More info available at one of their dealers here: http://mstn.biz/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?cat=20

What do you guys think?
    These actually look pretty nice... Any seen in the wild yet?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A few. If you Google, there are a few reviews. Also some sheriff's department in Florida picked up 2000 for all their deputies.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have been looking very seriously at TDS cans. https://thermaldefenseinc.com/ (not affiliated in any way beyond being intrigued by the product) The suppressors were created with the collaboration of Oak Ridge National Laboratory at the request of SOCOM and ARDEC.

They are 3D printed out of inconel 718, and are small, light, effective, have excellent flash suppression, and seem to create minimal blowback due to venting system built in to the design. For example the Bantam 2, the one I'm inclined towards is an 8 oz suppressor that's only 5" long!

More info available at one of their dealers here: http://mstn.biz/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?cat=20

What do you guys think?
    Maybe but my gut tells me no. I think 8oz is too light for a 556 can. What pictures I can find of the baffle stack make me think it's going to be loud.

Also most of the time when your marking says:"THE MOST INNOVATIVE AND TECHNOLOGICALLY SOPHISTICATED SUPPRESSORS ON THE MARKET" makes me think your full of it.

All that being said I am open to being 100% wrong.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hear you @themonk. I'm skeptical but hopeful. The price seems right, and though not the quietest can, has the features that appeal to me most. Want to take the plunge, but would love to see some testimonials from people who have actually bought them.

The guy at MSTN has one on his personal rifle and seems to prefer it to others he owns and has access to.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Yea, at 8oz I would prefer it also.

I get a little 1st gen OSS feel. Capital City needs to do a video about it.

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    I bought a sandman S. Now for the wait....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good choice. I think you will be very happy with the Sandman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocaster View Post
    I bought a sandman S. Now for the wait....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    These actually look pretty nice... Any seen in the wild yet?
    I have handled and heard a 5.56 can from TDS. They appear to be super high quality and the specified weights seemed accurate. I only saw direct thread models and one model was about 6-7 ounces. Twice the weight of most mounts! I haven’t heard enough cans to make a comparison judgement. I also heard it indoors during a demo. I was impressed overall and think 3D printing cans is going to get more popular. TDS uses a non traditional baffle design that prevents blowback. I don’t think their design can be achieved easily without 3D printing. Recoil magazine did an article on the company.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    A lot of recommendations in a thread like this may come from someone that only has one or two cans and that is generally the can they will recommend. It is typically not the view of the current market. There are a lot of great recommended cans in this thread but are they a good fit for what you want?

Typically I recommend your rank you needs and we can give you a solid recommendation based one what you are looking for.

Below is example of ranking from most to least important. But this may also change based on what the can will be used for. If its for 300 blk I will value db reduction far more than if its a 308 or 556 can as you will typically be shooting it with hearing protection. If it's only for one gun I may not want QD, ect...

-Mount/locking mechanism
    -POI shift
    -Accuracy
    -Blowback on semiautomatic weapons
    -Signature (flash etc.)
    -Weight
    -Durability
    -Customer service/support
    -db reduction
    -Price
    Your list, in order from "most to least important, top to bottom", looks like mine. It resulted in a KAC QDC/MAMS

Feedback Score
    Get a .30 cal can and forget the K-cans.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast