Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxim Defense PDX 300 blackout - gas problems solved?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Maxim Defense PDX 300 blackout - gas problems solved?

I hope everyone is in good health.

I'm wondering if this issue has been resolved yet (Explosive gas from the gas block, enough to injure a hand).

Video and some discussion in the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7r_IZurUJg&t=7s

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I think their CQB stock is one of the best on the market. I did a ton of research and spent most of Shot Show 2017 looking at the different pdw type stocks. Because of this I spent a lot of time at the Maxim booth and I got the feeling that the whole thing was a side gig for the guys running it. I had that feeling again working with them after Shot. When I heard they were making full guns it gave me a bad feeling. I dont think there's a lot of firearms engineering going one there. The cool things the have done with their stock like having a JP silent spring they farmed out to JP and were not done in house.

I say all this to underline I would be very sceptical going in especially on the 300 blackout version.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for your insight. Sounds like Maxims response to the defect has been underwhelming. This is why I always wind up with BCM - I wish they made something as compact. Unfortunately I have a single vendor requirement.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint_Ironstag View Post
    Thanks for your insight. Sounds like Maxims response to the defect has been underwhelming. This is why I always wind up with BCM - I wish they made something as compact. Unfortunately I have a single vendor requirement.
    The SIG rattler is an excellent option you may want to look into.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    The SIG rattler is an excellent option you may want to look into.
    A 5.5" barrel? No thanks.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    A 5.5" barrel? No thanks.
    It's the same length barrel as the Maxim. Thanks for your input on this thread.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    It's the same length barrel as the Maxim. Thanks for your input on this thread.
    Didn't realize that. Still hate the idea.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is still an issue. I have a customer that recently experienced this and brought it to my attention. I still have one of these uppers in my inventory, which i have pulled from sale, until I can get a response from Maxim. I've reached out to them, but have not gotten a follow up. If you are considering a Maxim in 300BLK, I seriously suggest you wait for the MDX with the 8.5" or 10.3" barrel.
    Mike K.
    ROG Tactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks Mike. Not encouraging.

@themonk I will look into the Sig Rattler.

Anyone have the ear of BCM? Their 9” 300 Blackout pistol is too long.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don’t want to overstep and post the entire email, although it was obviously a form letter. Maxim responded and here’s the condensed version of the 2 options:

1. at no cost to you, return the upper for servicing ~14-16 weeks turnaround

2. exchange your 300 upper for a 5.56 or 7.62 + receive a voucher for discount of a rectified 300 upper

I gathered that the fixed 300 uppers will also be in retail channels ~14-16 weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast