Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 77 OTM Nosler CC Fragmentation

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Where did you see that they changed the jacket material? And when did they switch?
    I don't know when they switched but they used to advertise they used J4 and now it is "Custom Quality Jacket". Berger is very open about using J4 so I would think Nosler would be also.

"Berger VLD Target Bullets are extremely popular for competitive long range applications. Built with highly consistent J4 Precision Bullet jacket, most favored by custom bullet makers."
    Last edited by mack7.62; 05-04-20 at 16:46.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's not a bad formula... Assuming any POI shift is accounted for.
    Hard to talk about POI without a discussion about engagement range difference. IMO, bonded is greater than SMK and its likes except when punching paper.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Hard to talk about POI without a discussion about engagement range difference. IMO, bonded is greater than SMK and its likes except when punching paper.
    We have guns that will shoot a 62 gr way off at 100 yards... like 5-6 moa different POI. So checking/confirming POI is important if I change ammo.

I still prefer OTM for the reason that bonded would have greater interior penetration if a bullet missed its mark. (My defensive is mostly indoors). My truck gun is loaded with Bonded. (for driving out to the range)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    My 77 OTM load and the gold dot work well together. The GD hits 1.5” higher at 100. Left and right they are the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12