Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for the best Micro red dot sight

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUBcewtUBpQ

Aaron's experience captured on video also matches my personal experience I have watching several MRO user struggle in training.

I have to admit that I have really enjoyed my 503 and 515 holosuns. The ability to run an eotech reticle in a t1 body with minimal parallax and maintaining the battery life we are used to is awesome. However, I just don't have enough time with either of them to recommend them over aimpoint. Especially since they are now only slightly less expensive than the aimpoint options.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I won't upgrade a T1 to a T2, not enough gain.
    New buys: T2, if not an LPV.
    I'd upgrade a M2/M3/PRO to a T1 or T2, but usually those just put on lesser used guns.
    T1/T2 has an H1/H2 companion if you want to save ~$50.
    Nothing against the M5, just haven't gotten there in a meaningful way yet and I like the smaller T2. M5S is available.
    I didn't like the micros on pistols, but the acros were okay. My jury is still out for pistol RDS models.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUBcewtUBpQ

Aaron's experience captured on video also matches my personal experience I have watching several MRO user struggle in training.
    It's undeniable that the MRO equipped rifle in the video had a much wider dispersion when the dot was held at the edges of the window.

I don't understand why that would affect zeroing, assuming that the elements of good marksmanship are employed.

I do understand how it would affect firing from different, especially awkward, positions and shooting on a dynamic range.

Andy

P.S. Full disclosure - I own and use an MRO.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    It's undeniable that the MRO equipped rifle in the video had a much wider dispersion when the dot was held at the edges of the window.

I don't understand why that would affect zeroing, assuming that the elements of good marksmanship are employed.

I do understand how it would affect firing from different, especially awkward, positions and shooting on a dynamic range.

Andy

P.S. Full disclosure - I own and use an MRO.
    Real life isn't a flat range zero session though right? Real life is messy, unpredictable, and fast so why put yourself at a potential disadvantage based on attachment? So if its only money holding you back from an aimpoint, then honestly I would point to the holosun 503s and 515s over the MRO. Kyle Defoor, Chuck Pressburg, Mike Panone, Don Edwards the list goes on and on of highly qualified trainers with the best pedigrees that exist will tell you to avoid the MRO if you have other options. Can you make them work? Absolutely. If you're starting from scratch, then I'd start with stronger base than the MRO.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Real life isn't a flat range zero session though right? Real life is messy, unpredictable, and fast so why put yourself at a potential disadvantage based on attachment? So if its only money holding you back from an aimpoint, then honestly I would point to the holosun 503s and 515s over the MRO. Kyle Defoor, Chuck Pressburg, Mike Panone, Don Edwards the list goes on and on of highly qualified trainers with the best pedigrees that exist will tell you to avoid the MRO if you have other options. Can you make them work? Absolutely. If you're starting from scratch, then I'd start with stronger base than the MRO.
    Thanks for the great advice, but I asked why parallex caused difficulty when zeroing.

I also covered uses outside a static range and differentiated that from simply zeroing.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 05-03-20 at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I won't upgrade a T1 to a T2, not enough gain.
    New buys: T2, if not an LPV.
    I'd upgrade a M2/M3/PRO to a T1 or T2, but usually those just put on lesser used guns.
    T1/T2 has an H1/H2 companion if you want to save ~$50.
    Nothing against the M5, just haven't gotten there in a meaningful way yet and I like the smaller T2. M5S is available.
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. I'm in the market for another micro, already owning a T2 & H2. Sold off an Eotech 512 I got at a steal to tryout and will likely get another T2.

My Pros have been fine and I don't see the need to spend several hundred dollars to upgrade them to Micros.

I do prefer the top rotary knob on Pros and the CompM5 to the right side dial on the T2/H2 - easier and faster to use with either hand to adjust brightness, but it's not enough of a need to cause me to change.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Had H1's for fair bit of time, a couple of PRO's, a M4S, and a H2. I still have the M4S which I have on gooseneck mount if I want to put a red dot on my A2 upper carbine.

The PRO's and Aimpoint Micro's are gone and replaced with newer MRO's. I haven't experienced the parallax issue some have with them or I should say nothing worse then I dealt with using my H1's. I have no experience with the new MRO HD. I'm extremely happy with the clarity and dot on the MRO.

I'm near sighted, but don't have astigmatism issues. The dot grows a bit if I'm not using my glasses, but it's still a dot and I can hit things within reasonable ranges with my vision uncorrected. That was the really selling point for me. Without my glasses, the Aimpoint dots became smears.

My MRO's, adding new Reptilia mounts and Tango Down covers, cost me under $500 each all in.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 05-03-20 at 19:26.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    All good points.

Is price the only reason those brands are ever considered by people over an Aimpoint?
    I would certainly think so. It's the only reason I own Sig Romeo 5's. I think they are steal for the price performance, but they have nothing on Highend Aimpoints. But after buying multiple Aimpoints, I only need so many Duty ready guns for my needs. But if you have the cash, Rock on with Aimpoint.

And throw some Bobro's on while your getting crazy.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-12-20 at 08:43.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    T2 absolutely, unless you see yourself needing the extra front lens for hitting the water hard after a jump, or have to swap an AAA battery from your TV remote in a pinch. But seriously, having gone from a Pro to a micro, I love the footprint reduction and looking somewhat cooler, but definitely miss the bigger window.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12