Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mac 10/9 vs Mac 11/9 vs AC556 vs Uzi machine guns

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have owned an UZi and .45 Mac-10. The uzi is a far more controllable and fun. Plus there are tons of cheap uzi parts around. I would say out of the box go uzi, but if you want to add a bunch of doodads get a Mac-11. Skip the Mac-10
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I have owned an UZi and .45 Mac-10. The uzi is a far more controllable and fun. Plus there are tons of cheap uzi parts around. I would say out of the box go uzi, but if you want to add a bunch of doodads get a Mac-11. Skip the Mac-10
    Yes a 9mm UZI is far more pleasant than a .45 Mac 10.

However, a 9mm Mac 10 converted to use UZI mags is excellent, especially with a Lage upper. In my opinion and that of others I have spoken with, it is better than an UZI, as a shooter (obviously a purist or collector would feel different).

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I own a couple UZIs and used to own an m11/9. I’ve shot plenty of Lage equipped MACs and they are great. I personally prefer the UZI, as it’s iconic, built like a tank, and spares are (currently) plentiful. It’s also not my only SMG, so my priorities for it are different than some others. As a shooter, I think the Lage accessorized MAC is better. Even more so if one is choosing what is likely their one and only transferable MG. My UZIs are infrequently shot anymore, because one of the MP5s always comes to the range with me.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice.

I got a Mac 10/9 and have a Lage Mac10/9 Mk2 upper for it. Currently looking for an optic. I typically run Aimpoint micros on everything but I’m thinking the tube might be a little on the small side for full auto. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I run an aimpoint t1 on one of my macs and mro's on others. Both have done well.

Check with Norse Forge as they had an acr adapter for the m10. At some point I think they will do another run. For the stock uppers its kinda tall but for the lage mk2 one it's really nice.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I run an H2 on my M-11/9 and it works just fine.

Feedback Score
    I have a Mepro M21 on my Lage uppered M11/9. I actually prefer it over red dots.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    I run an H2 on my M-11/9 and it works just fine.
    What height mount and which stock are you running?

Seems a lot of people with Macs run like $30 optics. Kind of mind blowing lol. Definitely running a micro AP or a 30mm AP. Just unsure what height Mount I need. I plan on running the Lage folding stock.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Seems a lot of people with Macs run like $30 optics. Kind of mind blowing lol. Definitely running a micro AP or a 30mm AP. Just unsure what height Mount I need. I plan on running the Lage folding stock.
    I’m running the ADM CAS-V Aimpoint micro mount and I’m using it in conjunction with the Lage K folding stock (SK upper).
    Last edited by PatrioticDisorder; 06-29-20 at 19:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Im running a holosun in the low mount with the collapsable lage stock on my m11/9. I think it would work fine for the folder as well as its still just chin-weld.

Even at 1200rpm i dont lose the dot.

This should give you idea on hight:
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-30-20 at 12:28.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast