Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&p 15-22 hammer follow through

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

M&p 15-22 hammer follow through

I need some help here. I have a m&p 15-22 sbr with thousands of round through it. I just started having this issue. When I shoot the gun fires, round ejects and loads a new trigger but when you pull the trigger the trigger is dead. The hammer is up. When I extract the round in chamber I can see a light fire pin marks on the rim of the case. Anyone have an idea wtf is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Have you tried holding the trigger pulled and pulling the hammer back by hand (with the upper offl to see if it locks when you do it manually?

I would guess it's your disconnector or spring failing. Or possibly the hammer where it hooks into the disconnector.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jesuvuah; 05-02-20 at 13:25.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It does lock manually. I have also tried different trigger groups with the same result.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried replacing your hammer spring and take a close look at the disconnector. Tried a few triggers in mine and it did not like 2 stage triggers. Ended up having near the same issue with a dead trigger.

Feedback Score
    I changed mine out for a CMG drop-in.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Mine had a colt trigger but this gun has seen a ton of rounds. I tried a Alg trigger, but I’ll give a couple milspec triggers a try as well.

In its sbr form with suppressor, it makes for a great training gun for my kids. Very light and very quite. I would like to get it up and running again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do you know of anyone else that has one where you could put their upper on yours and try it. That would eliminate issues with a worn carrier.

If not, give S&W CS a call. Isn’t it a lifetime warranty on that gun? Second thought, didn’t S&W have a recall on that gun about two years ago.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    if not, give S&W CS a call. Isn’t it a lifetime warranty on that gun? .
    I did call customer support and was told since I cut the barrel they wouldn’t do any warranty work on my gun. Despite me putting thousands of rounds through it in its current form without issue. I offered to buy replacement parts and was told they no longer sell parts. The customer service lady wasn’t helpful at all. I will not be buying any more S&W products.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Call again and talk to someone else in CS. Talk to the persons manager if need be. Cutting the barrel has nothing to do with this problem and they know it. They are just looking for an excuse not to honor the warranty.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another thought, if you have the extra money buy a used M&P15-22 and attach the upper on the form 1 lower and send it in.

Do you have an AR lower that is an SBR? I built a dedicated 22 LR upper from “right to bear” that’s wonderful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast