Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye Pro / Sunglasses under $50?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Eye Pro / Sunglasses under $50?

Had a quick look but didn't see another recent thread on this subject but I am wondering what are your go to budget eye pro/sunglass that you don't mind throwing around or getting dinged up? I have nicer glasses that I wear daily but don't necessarily want to get them beat up and the stuff I wear at the range is in need of replacement. From a budget perspective is my price point even realistic for adequate eye protection?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Safetyglassesusa.com

Z-rated, many styles and brands, shaded or not, bifocal or not..... I'm fortunate in that they are in my town.

Z rating now carries with it a clarity standard and not just an impact standard. The ones I get, I couldn't tell you the brand but they were under $15, last forever and if they don't-- if I lose them or sit on them-- I haven't lost the $100 I'd have paid for them to have an "O" or "W" emblem on them. BTW SGUSA also carries those brands and at one time, dunno about now, was one of the biggest distributors of one or the other.

They are also now selling Three Rivers Coffee which I find really, really good. Not cheap..... but good. Both businesses are veteran-owned.

Ya know I've lived here all my life and thought I knew every corner of the county but have never seen the coffee plantations. Well, keep lookin' I guess

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Safetyglassesusa.com

Z-rated, many styles and brands, shaded or not, bifocal or not..... I'm fortunate in that they are in my town.

Z rating now carries with it a clarity standard and not just an impact standard. The ones I get, I couldn't tell you the brand but they were under $15, last forever and if they don't-- if I lose them or sit on them-- I haven't lost the $100 I'd have paid for them to have an "O" or "W" emblem on them. BTW SGUSA also carries those brands and at one time, dunno about now, was one of the biggest distributors of one or the other.

They are also now selling Three Rivers Coffee which I find really, really good. Not cheap..... but good. Both businesses are veteran-owned.

Ya know I've lived here all my life and thought I knew every corner of the county but have never seen the coffee plantations. Well, keep lookin' I guess
    Thanks Ned, great info. I'll check them out.
    Last edited by Vegas; 05-02-20 at 21:14.

Feedback Score
    Magpul has some good options.

Feedback Score
    Check out places like LA Police Gear. Their closeout section often has steep discounts on eyewear.
    I snagged a pair of Wiley-X glasses with dark and clear lenses that came with a hard case for around $50 a while back.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    All I buy are safety glass from the local safety supply store, $8.00, clear or sun with bifocal Z-87 rated. At that price if they get lost, scratched or broken it's no big deal.

https://www.amazon.com/Pyramex-Reade.../dp/B000WE2YRQ

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagpulBuff View Post
    Magpul has some good options.
    I feel like you may be a little biased They do have some decent looking stuff and a couple pairs are around the pricepoint. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    Check out places like LA Police Gear. Their closeout section often has steep discounts on eyewear.
    I snagged a pair of Wiley-X glasses with dark and clear lenses that came with a hard case for around $50 a while back.

That's a good call. I'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    All I buy are safety glass from the local safety supply store, $8.00, clear or sun with bifocal Z-87 rated. At that price if they get lost, scratched or broken it's no big deal.

https://www.amazon.com/Pyramex-Reade.../dp/B000WE2YRQ
    I need to read up on the ratings for protective eyewear. Thanks for the suggestion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Harbor Freight. Cheapest around, clear or sunglass. Around a buck-fifty each, I think.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post

You were correct, LAPG is having a closeout on Oakley gear currently. I picked up the cheapest pair on there, $43.50 minus LAPG 5% code plus tax and shipping, came out to $52. Not too shabby.

For those interested: https://lapolicegear.com/brands/oakl...closeouts.html

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    suncloud sunglasses
    https://www.suncloudoptics.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast