Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eye Pro / Sunglasses under $50?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sample of 1 so far, but the Bollé models with their antifog seems to work quite well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    You were correct, LAPG is having a closeout on Oakley gear currently. I picked up the cheapest pair on there, $43.50 minus LAPG 5% code plus tax and shipping, came out to $52. Not too shabby.

For those interested: https://lapolicegear.com/brands/oakl...closeouts.html
    Are you sure those are ANSI/ISEA Z87.1 rated? The description doesn't indicate that rating. Not all Oakley's are shooting glasses.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Not all Oakley's are shooting glasses.
    True but they will all pass the shotgun test and have been that way for at least 20 years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    True but they will all pass the shotgun test and have been that way for at least 20 years.
    Okay, pretty sure the M-Frames were the ones Oakley shot way back when. From the Oakley website FAQ:

Eyewear that fully conforms to the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z87.1 requirement where both the lens and frame are marked with "Z87" is approved by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for use in environments where eye protection is required. Only Oakley eyewear identified as an industrial model and marked with "Z87" is intended for use in industrial applications.

Oakley offers a limited number of models that conform to the entire ANSI Z87.1 standard. These models display the "Z87" mark and are suitable for use in industrial applications where impact protection is required.

All Oakley SI lenses block 100% of harmful UVA, UVB, and UVC rays. Plus, Oakley SI's ballistic-rated models are marked ANSI Z87. 1-2015 certified, and also meet ballistic mil-spec MIL-PRF-31013.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Are you sure those are ANSI/ISEA Z87.1 rated? The description doesn't indicate that rating. Not all Oakley's are shooting glasses.
    Looking at Oakley's site, seems like they have two Z87 models, Det Cord and M Frame so it wouldn't seem like they are. Back to the drawing board but the ones I ordered will get use as dailies either way.

Thanks for pointing it out. I have to be honest and say I have never paid any attention to ratings previously. I've had a couple of jacket fragments come back at me and hit me around the temple with no ill effect but there is no sense in tempting fate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Looking at Oakley's site, seems like they have two Z87 models, Det Cord and M Frame so it wouldn't seem like they are. Back to the drawing board but the ones I ordered will get use as dailies either way.

Thanks for pointing it out. I have to be honest and say I have never paid any attention to ratings previously. I've had a couple of jacket fragments come back at me and hit me around the temple with no ill effect but there is no sense in tempting fate.
    Work provided us with Oakley M-frames for just that reason when we started using metal targets as an integral part of basic firearms training. I had to jump through several research hoops to get them to approve the roughly $400.00 it took to get an RX clear and grey lens for each guy/gal that needed them. It helped a little, I think, that Oakley Rx M-Frames are pretty birth control looking glasses. LOL

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Work provided us with Oakley M-frames for just that reason when we started using metal targets as an integral part of basic firearms training. I had to jump through several research hoops to get them to approve the roughly $400.00 it took to get an RX clear and grey lens for each guy/gal that needed them. It helped a little, I think, that Oakley Rx M-Frames are pretty birth control looking glasses. LOL
    Yeah, the M Frame is not gonna score you points for looks. Birth control is a fair description, lol. The Det Cord isn't too bad though.

Last edited by Vegas; 05-07-20 at 00:17.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12