Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX-100

Feedback Score

Beretta ARX-100

Now that this rifle has more or less dropped off the radar, what was the general consensus? Decent design, nice try, or flop?

Feedback Score
    I own one and the Beretta ARX 100 is an awesome rifle let down by Beretta not supporting the platform on the commercial market.

I purchased mine for $1000 with 7 magazines and for the price I paid for it nothing touches it if you look at the rifle objectively.

It is lightweight, accurate, very low maintenance, extremely reliable, with good ergonomics.
    Last edited by crusader377; 05-03-20 at 09:53.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, the rifle is just plain awesome, I wouldn't have went out of my way to get 3 of them otherwise... Beretta just dropped the ball before it ever even came out.

You pretty much have to like it the way it is though, because I doubt there will ever be much aftermarket for it.

Feedback Score
    Probably the most common complaint I've heard is that the buttstock is just too short. Although it's probably fine if you're wearing body armor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Probably the most common complaint I've heard is that the buttstock is just too short. Although it's probably fine if you're wearing body armor.
    The most common complaint is most definitely the trigger followed by the accuracy. I'm 6 Foot 2 inches tall and the stock has never felt too short for me, but I do use it with the stock fully extended. I also prefer the A1 length stocks on the AR15... So if you like the A2 length stocks, then the ARX stock might feel a bit short.

Feedback Score
    I have heard a couple comments on accuracy. Is that due to the quick-change barrel arrangement?

Feedback Score
    I have heard a couple comments on accuracy. Is that due to the quick-change barrel arrangement?
    It's hard to say, but I'm sure that the quick change barrel doesn't help in regard to accuracy. Some ARX owners report better accuracy than others, it really kinda seems hit or miss (no pun intended) on how accurate any particular ARX barrel will be.

Feedback Score
    I’ve fired my ARX extensively and I have found its accuracy is on par with a standard AR. It is not a precision rifle but mounted with a red dot it is certainly an accurate rifle.

Feedback Score
    I like mine. Excellent rifle.

Beretta developed .300 barrels and 7.62x39 barrels that used AK mags but never made them for us. (Kazakhstan got a few thousand of the 7.62x39 models)

They would sell so many if they had these barrels, and just replacement barrels available for say, $500 or less. Add a pistol version with the already-available 10 inch barrel and make those in the other calibers too and they'd have a real winner.

As it is, think of it as the lightest, most ergonomic and ambi AK ever that is 5.56, uses AR mags, has a folding stock and QD barrel. Excellent rifle.

Feedback Score
    The problem I had with it was wildly inconsistent accuracy from example to example. I bought one because people were reporting 2-3 MOA with them. Mine was 6+ with everything I tried. Beretta told me the spec was 4 MOA with ball ammo. Dealing with Beretta to try and get it fixed under warranty was the worst nightmare I've ever had with CS. It took going to the BBB to get Beretta to take responsibility for the thing. Something fishy going on with their production management, imo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast