Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX-100

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Beretta ARX-100

Now that this rifle has more or less dropped off the radar, what was the general consensus? Decent design, nice try, or flop?

Feedback Score
    I own one and the Beretta ARX 100 is an awesome rifle let down by Beretta not supporting the platform on the commercial market.

I purchased mine for $1000 with 7 magazines and for the price I paid for it nothing touches it if you look at the rifle objectively.

It is lightweight, accurate, very low maintenance, extremely reliable, with good ergonomics.
    Last edited by crusader377; 05-03-20 at 09:53.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, the rifle is just plain awesome, I wouldn't have went out of my way to get 3 of them otherwise... Beretta just dropped the ball before it ever even came out.

You pretty much have to like it the way it is though, because I doubt there will ever be much aftermarket for it.

Feedback Score
    Probably the most common complaint I've heard is that the buttstock is just too short. Although it's probably fine if you're wearing body armor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Probably the most common complaint I've heard is that the buttstock is just too short. Although it's probably fine if you're wearing body armor.
    The most common complaint is most definitely the trigger followed by the accuracy. I'm 6 Foot 2 inches tall and the stock has never felt too short for me, but I do use it with the stock fully extended. I also prefer the A1 length stocks on the AR15... So if you like the A2 length stocks, then the ARX stock might feel a bit short.

Feedback Score
    I have heard a couple comments on accuracy. Is that due to the quick-change barrel arrangement?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Did Beretta discontinue these or are they still in production?
    Nobody knows.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Nobody knows.

I heard that production shut down due to Beretta moving the factory to TN and eventually they will produce them again but who knows. Hopefully if they do decide to relaunch the platform, Beretta will properly support and market the rifle because it really is an underrated rifle.

Feedback Score
    The ARX-100/-160 seems to have made a few movie/TV appearances. This from the 2011 French movie "Special Forces"

Feedback Score
    I have the FDE version. I really want to like it, but there are some things I don't like.

Good:
    Fully ambi
    Really lightweight
    light profiled, QD barrel
    Folding stock
    adjustable gas
    begs to be SBR'd

Not so good:
    heavy trigger. (~10lbs) Needs aftermarket replacement.
    odd optic rail/stock height for most people. Needs an aftermarket riser.
    top-heavy
    controls in odd places, safety is a bear to use
    A2 grip with bump, non-removable.
    when folded, stock clips to very thin plastic lower receiver lip. This WILL fatigue and break in time, and it's the serialed component. Impossible to repair.
    lower handguard rail is awkward and far below bore axis (see: top-heavy complaint above)
    no sling QDs
    stock is too short for most people even when fully extended

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast