Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beretta ARX-100

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Oh, yea. Way overpriced at $1600.

Accuracy is important but it isnt everything.

So you're saying Italy should just make AK's that use STANAG mags or M4's and use those?
    No.
    I’m making an example of a few things.

1- A broken part is a quick fix on an AR. And many other legacy platforms. Your discontinued SIG556 or ARX May very well be an issue.

2- If you are going to introduce a new MSR on the market for twice the price of an AR, but is does not offer the inherent accuracy of other platforms half a century or more old, it is not likely to do well.

3- Why dump a ton of R&D into a new platform and bring it into service when it is not 100% compatible with the options for the magazine series, has 75 year old concept sling mounts, has inferior ergonomics for selector actuation, Major erg faults like grating hands, etc.

4- when you have had a handful of pistol options fail on the market for being innovative, cool looking, and different, a couple a tactical shotguns do the same, a PCC do the same, and another carbine not even make it to market under the flagship name...
    It seems to reason that this would not be the ideal pattern to follow for your next carbine..
    But they did.

Basically,
    At their intended price point the same R&D could have turned out a much better product.

We should be at a point where a major company can bring out a carbine superior role the AR, with a faster MOA, at least as accurate, at least as reliable, etc.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I recall someone saying that the ARX-100 is based off of the "A3" variant of the military version. Accurate?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I recall someone saying that the ARX-100 is based off of the "A3" variant of the military version. Accurate?
    That was me, and it is based off of the A3 variant... The only obvious difference is the large vent holes in the top section of the A3 handguard.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234