Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IDF Style Builds - Show and Tell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I went from getting old beater rifles, in the IDF. Then when I left the IDF and got to a better place it was brand new rifles that fast became well used.

I would not drag my rifle behind a car to give it that BTDT look. I had my brand new just back from CGW CZ P07 with milled in RMR on the kitchen counter. This pistol at the time had 300 rounds through it.

I was watching TV and I hear from the kitchen, you need to get in here right now, I messed up. I get into the kitchen, to see my brand new P07 covered in super glue. The wife was fixing something and the glue wouldn't come out of the tube so she squeezed as hard as she could, blowing the dried plug out of the tube and most of the tube all over my pistol. She missed the RMR, but I stripped that pistol down as fast as I could to keep it from getting glued together. It took me a lot of hours to get the glue out of some of the critical places. The pistol still has 2 super glue stains on the outside of the pistol from glue, that I just could get off.

So no don't mess up a new gun to make it look old, also try to keep your significant other from doing it also.
    Heh! Super Glue can be removed by soaking with acetone.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Heh! Super Glue can be removed by soaking with acetone.
    Not all of it. I tried, on the rough part of the grips I worked hours and I couldn't get it all off.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    first the rifle is not beat up enough. .
    Nothing being drug behind a car on a gravel road for 5-10 miles wouldn't fix in short order...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by creedal View Post
    I put this together after a recent trip to Israel. Saw a bunch like this. Carbines made from old M16a1 receivers but with M4 barrels.

Updated specs: This one has 1970s M16a1 Colt CH upper, old m16 Colt bcg, Bushmaster 1/7 chrome lined m4 barrel, w FSB. BCM Lower with Brownells CAR-15 type stock and vintage Colt grip. Old gooseneck mount. Holosun dot. Never saw any Holosuns in Israel, but I can't find the right Meprolight.
    Attachment 62137
    Is that stock green, maybe tan? Doesn't look black in the photo.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Nothing being drug behind a car on a gravel road for 5-10 miles wouldn't fix in short order...
    Other option is just use it every day for a few years. Nothing beats the look of battle worn battle worn.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Believe it or not, I forget the time frame when these "battle worn" things were the craze. I recall building a basic carbine and tied 550 cord to it and drug it around the range, flipped sides and direction. Guys were laughing their ass off, thinking I lost it until I told them the price I was selling it for. I really don't know what possessed me to do it other than show people will buy most anything if it's in style.

I went from getting old beater rifles, in the IDF. Then when I left the IDF and got to a better place it was brand new rifles that fast became well used.

I would not drag my rifle behind a car to give it that BTDT look. I had my brand new just back from CGW CZ P07 with milled in RMR on the kitchen counter. This pistol at the time had 300 rounds through it.

I was watching TV and I hear from the kitchen, you need to get in here right now, I messed up. I get into the kitchen, to see my brand new P07 covered in super glue. The wife was fixing something and the glue wouldn't come out of the tube so she squeezed as hard as she could, blowing the dried plug out of the tube and most of the tube all over my pistol. She missed the RMR, but I stripped that pistol down as fast as I could to keep it from getting glued together. It took me a lot of hours to get the glue out of some of the critical places. The pistol still has 2 super glue stains on the outside of the pistol from glue, that I just could get off.

So no don't mess up a new gun to make it look old, also try to keep your significant other from doing it also.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Nice!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just need an a2 style upper to build one. Now I've got the bug and no receiver!

Feedback Score
    Some people used the bands on the front of the rifle some on the stock. One other thing people would do is use a dummy mag that held your real mag at a 90 degree angle. So you hit the mag release reversed it inserted the real mag and ammo.
    With as snug as the bands I have on mine are (handguards and buttstock) I don't know how the hell someone got a mag to fit under them!

I like the one on the buttstock. I keep it over the locking mechanism on the plastic CAR stock so it pushes the pivoting part of the lever into the tube; kind of keeps everything a little more snug and ever-so-slightly reduces wobble.

The ones on the handguard (I use the wider black one with the thinner green one over it) give a tad of a "bulge" to the center of the handguard and make a comfortable reference point when snatching it up to shoot.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I hate this thread!

I have great memories of a Colt CAR15 with the pencil thin barrel cut down to 11.5", when off duty I carried it with a 20 round mag in it. I carried a spare 30 round mag in my left front pants pocket. I carried IWB my Hi Power and 1 spare 20 round mag that a friend in the PFLP donated to me.
    Mine has a 14.7", chrome lined, 1:7 pencil barrel on it with an A1 FH perm-attached.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123