Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IDF Style Builds - Show and Tell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Some people used the bands on the front of the rifle some on the stock. One other thing people would do is use a dummy mag that held your real mag at a 90 degree angle. So you hit the mag release reversed it inserted the real mag and ammo.

I’ve seen pics of those. Apparently there’s an “updated” version you can buy on Zahal now. Personally I’ll pass though.
    https://zahal.org/product/fab-defens...l-mag-carrier/

Feedback Score
    I pass on this BS even in Israel.

Feedback Score
    Updated. Now this gun is just a Colt vintage upper with Colt BCG, updated M4 barrel. Lower is all BCM.

Why don't my pics look bigger the thumbnail?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by creedal; 05-14-20 at 21:05.

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Just assembled this 723 ish clone the other day. Where can I get some bands for the handguards?

Feedback Score
    I hate this thread!

I have great memories of a Colt CAR15 with the pencil thin barrel cut down to 11.5", when off duty I carried it with a 20 round mag in it. I carried a spare 30 round mag in my left front pants pocket. I carried IWB my Hi Power and 1 spare 20 round mag that a friend in the PFLP donated to me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I hate this thread!

I have great memories of a Colt CAR15 with the pencil thin barrel cut down to 11.5", when off duty I carried it with a 20 round mag in it. I carried a spare 30 round mag in my left front pants pocket. I carried IWB my Hi Power and 1 spare 20 round mag that a friend in the PFLP donated to me.
    I just posted this in a different thread the other day, but it sounds like it might be appropriate here too..

Feedback Score
    The photo has 2 problems with it, first the rifle is not beat up enough. Second the sling on the from of the rifle was hooked to 550 cord tied to front of the front sight.

Damn I feel a pistol build coming as soon as Corona allows me.

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    The photo has 2 problems with it, first the rifle is not beat up enough. Second the sling on the from of the rifle was hooked to 550 cord tied to front of the front sight.

If that comment is for me Mr. Yoni, I plan to put some wear on that carbine and I can fix that sling!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Haha, perhaps some day it will have acquired enough “honest” wear and tear to pass muster. I guess I could drag it behind my car or something but I’m not generally a big fan of artificially wearing my guns to look more BTDT than they actually are.

Feedback Score
    I went from getting old beater rifles, in the IDF. Then when I left the IDF and got to a better place it was brand new rifles that fast became well used.

I would not drag my rifle behind a car to give it that BTDT look. I had my brand new just back from CGW CZ P07 with milled in RMR on the kitchen counter. This pistol at the time had 300 rounds through it.

I was watching TV and I hear from the kitchen, you need to get in here right now, I messed up. I get into the kitchen, to see my brand new P07 covered in super glue. The wife was fixing something and the glue wouldn't come out of the tube so she squeezed as hard as she could, blowing the dried plug out of the tube and most of the tube all over my pistol. She missed the RMR, but I stripped that pistol down as fast as I could to keep it from getting glued together. It took me a lot of hours to get the glue out of some of the critical places. The pistol still has 2 super glue stains on the outside of the pistol from glue, that I just could get off.

So no don't mess up a new gun to make it look old, also try to keep your significant other from doing it also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast