Thread: Any comparisons between the Surefire SOCOM Mini 2 and the KAC QDC/CQB?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Any comparisons between the Surefire SOCOM Mini 2 and the KAC QDC/CQB?

Does anyone here own both of these cans? Trying to decide between the two and could use some comparisons. Blowback and sound reduction are high on my priory list. since it will live on the rifle (10.3" barrel), POI shift isn't important.

Thanks!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have both but haven’t shot the SF on an sbr yet. The kac is on an 11.5. On the setups I have I don’t notice any blowback. I don’t get gassed out ever and I shoot lefty. I have a 10.3 with an rc2 which sounds great. Later this week ill put the mini on it and shoot it next to the kac to see how they compare but I predict they’ll sound very close to each other.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you could post back with your opinions, that would be most appreciated!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have both, the sound reduction is roughly the same but the KAC will have a better tone. The KAC CQB handles back pressure much better than the SF mini. I've said this alot, but IMO the KAC CQB in 556 is the best mini can on the market currently for my needs. Since this is going on a 10.3 I highly recommend the full size QDC. I have run the CQB on a 11.5 but it really shines on 12.5 and longer barrels.
    Last edited by Furbyballer; 05-06-20 at 05:52.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I have both, the sound reduction is roughly the same but the KAC will have a better tone. The KAC CQB handles back pressure much better than the SF mini. I've said this alot, but IMO the KAC CQB in 556 is the best mini can on the market currently for my needs. Since this is going on a 10.3 I highly recommend the full size QDC. I have run the CQB on a 11.5 but it really shines on 12.5 and longer barrels.
    I can confirm that SOCOM 2 mini is gassy AF. Its legitimately the can that pushed me to buy a QDC.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just shot both cans on 11.5 uppers. Ran the same drills but shot the KAC a little more. As far as sound reduction goes I didn’t notice a difference between the two and both are still loud on SBRs. I paid more attention to gas blowback but didn’t notice any. There was a tone difference. The KAC sounded like a quieter unsuppressed gun if that makes sense. The SF sounded like it had a little more “thump”. I probably prefer the KAC but only because it’s easier to get off. The push button on my mini and the collar get a little gummed up easily and it gets suck all of the time.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmm46 View Post
    I just shot both cans on 11.5 uppers. Ran the same drills but shot the KAC a little more. As far as sound reduction goes I didn’t notice a difference between the two and both are still loud on SBRs. I paid more attention to gas blowback but didn’t notice any. There was a tone difference. The KAC sounded like a quieter unsuppressed gun if that makes sense. The SF sounded like it had a little more “thump”. I probably prefer the KAC but only because it’s easier to get off. The push button on my mini and the collar get a little gummed up easily and it gets suck all of the time.
    The stuck cans was enough to convince me to get a KAC the first time, whenever that will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have the KAC can and really like it. Its sits on a SR15 gun, so no SBR experience. If you can afford it great, I love KAC fodder, if not a direct thread Sig 556 can works well on my Colt 6945 10.3 gun. And its cheap by comparison of most cans.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"