Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mask options?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Mask options?

Apologies if this is in a different thread somewhere else on the site.

It seems, at least for the time being, masks are going to be required at most retailers and airlines for the foreseeable future. This isn’t a discussion on COVID but a discussion on masks.

What options are out there? I see Haley strategic and mystery ranch have made face coverings but are those really useful other than making retailers happy that you are wearing a mask while in their store? What other options are out there besides surgical style masks etc.?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I would also be interested in the most comfortable options and who is selling ones that are moderately interesting in style.

I care more about comfort and breathablility than NBC capable filtering. I made some masks from desert camo ripstop and they are neither breathable nor comfortable.

Thanks!

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Or you can state you are unable to wear a mask for health reasons.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have no plans for any mask wear. But if I had to, I have those desert camo neck gaiters that work great for such nonsense.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I got a lesion removed from the end of my nose and stitches Friday. Masks suck.

We have been using the 3 ply disposable masks like these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/100-Pack-...Mask/697791082

Not a recommendation, or condemnation (what do I know about masks?)

I do wish everyone would wear masks for a few months.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 05-04-20 at 17:27.

Feedback Score
    What's a good gaiter?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Or you can state you are unable to wear a mask for health reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I have no plans for any mask wear. But if I had to, I have those desert camo neck gaiters that work great for such nonsense.
    I just don't get people that won't take the simplest steps to prevent the spread on this. If simple steps, widely taken, reduces the spread and that reduces the fuel that the collectivists can use to feed the fire, what is the problem??? If all of a sudden we get a surge in 2 weeks from people getting infected, we are facing another round of shut downs- and it won't come off as fast.

Face coverings during an airborne/respiratory pandemic are the most basic of preventive measures.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand
    I just don't get people that won't take the simplest steps to prevent the spread on this. If simple steps, widely taken, reduces the spread and that reduces the fuel that the collectivists can use to feed the fire, what is the problem??? If all of a sudden we get a surge in 2 weeks from people getting infected, we are facing another round of shut downs- and it won't come off as fast.

Face coverings during an airborne/respiratory pandemic are the most basic of preventive measures.
    People who refuse to do the right thing by choice will be partly to blame for government overstepping and forcing people to do the right thing. They will cause the very thing they rage against. But that’s all of society, in a nutshell. If we could all be trusted to do the right thing voluntarily, there would be little need for police and laws and coercion. “Our constitution is suitable for a moral people only, it is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” - whoever said that.

Dipshits driving recklessly led to speed limits.
    Dipshit builders led to building codes.
    Dipshit food processors led to the FDA.
    And so on.
    Well, dipshits who won’t protect themselves or others in case they are asymptomatic carriers will lead to compulsory mask wearing. And I don’t feel bad about that. People need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    What's a good gaiter?

I don't get continuing to have faith in people that keep screwing up(nice version) or lying.

In decades of "reasonable restrictions" I have yet to see anything that appeases those people.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

I just don't get people that won't take the simplest steps to prevent the spread on this....

Because face masks would be a direct step on their snake?? No one wants a boogaflu. Its not nearly as cool to humbly gather supplies nicely with a surgical mask. We want PVS 14's and Night Raids or nothing.

Even if it means prolonged economic down turn, and an increased risk to those around us. Thats the price of being cool. Thats the price of being American.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Gents, it’s not my place to mod this at all, but let’s not let it get it too derailed. Can we stick to face covering options other than surgical masks and N95 masks. Fact is, in my area retailers are requiring them, and potentially clients I visit in the near future.
    Last edited by rushca01; 05-04-20 at 18:43.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast