Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mask options?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like the Fudd mantra claiming buying black rifles, carrying firearms, ad nauseum are the cause of anti 2nd Amendment laws.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Gents, it’s not my place to mod this at all, but let’s get it too derailed. Can we stick to face covering options other than surgical masks and N95 masks. Fact is, in my area retailers are requiring them, and potentially clients I visit in the near future.
    The health claim is an option in most, maybe all, states.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    I was set to scoff, but that seems like a good deal.

One of my sons gave us several N95 masks, I've been wearing homemade facemasks over them to keep them in service longer. I have settled on washing cloth mask daily (have a couple) and replacing the N95 weekly - based on my personal lifestyle.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    People who refuse to do the right thing by choice will be partly to blame for government overstepping and forcing people to do the right thing. They will cause the very thing they rage against. But that’s all of society, in a nutshell. If we could all be trusted to do the right thing voluntarily, there would be little need for police and laws and coercion. “Our constitution is suitable for a moral people only, it is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” - whoever said that.

Dipshits driving recklessly led to speed limits.
    Dipshit builders led to building codes.
    Dipshit food processors led to the FDA.
    And so on.
    Well, dipshits who won’t protect themselves or others in case they are asymptomatic carriers will lead to compulsory mask wearing. And I don’t feel bad about that. People need to pull their heads out of their asses.
    So dipshits with 30-round mags leading to control is different, though, right?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The Kryptek mask looks pretty good, although the cost with shipping adds up, and more again if you buy replacement internal filters.

The most comfortable masks I've seen are the home-sewn ones, but you have to know someone who can sew well. And you don't really know how good/bad the filtration performance is, but it's likely well below an N95.

The earloops that are common are not comfortable. Assuming you have reasonably short hair, or straight hair if it's long, elastic behind your head is much better for actual wearing.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have one of the HSP ones and so far, it's the most comfortable/best that I've tried.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I have one of the HSP ones and so far, it's the most comfortable/best that I've tried.
    Out of stock, at least at his site.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Out of stock, at least at his site.
    Yeah, that's pretty common. I tried to get a second one about 20 hours after they posted a restock on Facebook and they were already out, again.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    The most comfortable masks I've seen are the home-sewn ones, but you have to know someone who can sew well. And you don't really know how good/bad the filtration performance is, but it's likely well below an N95.
    If it's comfortable, it's probably like N single digit. An N95 mask is quite uncomfortable to wear, less if it has an exhaust valve but that defeats the purpose of everyone wearing a mask.

Given the weather changing, for comfort I'd probably look for a summer fishing gaiter.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast