Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mask options?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have to wear masks when I visit my customers. My wife made some, but I gave in and picked this set up so I can rotate them. With slide lock straps, they are much easier to use than elastic.

https://sotechtactical.com/collectio...eusable-liners
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    So dipshits with 30-round mags leading to control is different, though, right?
    Simply owning a 30 round mag? That doesn’t make someone a dipshit. So yes, thats different. ???

Can you think of an example of someone failing to do the right thing voluntarily, in regard to firearms? How about a dipshit parent that leaves a loaded Glock on the kitchen counter, and his child picks it up and blows his friends’ head apart. After that, guess what: NEW LAW. Safe storage around children. THATS what I mean when I say that failure to do the right thing of our own choice will usually result in government feeling the need to make more choices for us. If we wish to avoid that situation, we can start by being intelligent and responsible. Government will come after our rights anyway, let’s not give them easy justification.

Wear a goddamn mask. I saw an elderly lady at Food Lion yesterday who was visibly terrified and trying to stay away from everyone else. She was the ONLY other person in the store besides me and my wife that was wearing a mask. She nodded when she saw us, as a thank you I believe. I didn’t try to talk with her and break the 6ft distance recommendation. Imagine you infected that lady because you’re too proud or too pretentious to cover your face, and you didn’t know you are an asymptomatic carrier.

(“You” generic, not you “business casual”)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Buff neck gaiter. Motorcycle sites, outdoor sites like REI, and Amazon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Buff neck gaiter. Motorcycle sites, outdoor sites like REI, and Amazon.
    I have a few from SA Fishing that I had for riding motorcycles.

Ive been rocking my Texas Flag one for the past few weeks and now will be wearing it at work at all times when I can be seen by the public.

As far as N95 vs. non N95... Non N95 masks are all basically the same from a protection standpoint and provide little to no protection except from droplets, but they make everybody feel good and 99.9% of people who are "monitoring" for such mask wearage, have no frickin clue.
    Last edited by rjacobs; 05-05-20 at 07:58.

Feedback Score
    Have Plenty that I wear for work. I’m not wearing one to go to Home Depot or any where.
    It would be fun if BCM and DD started producing mask and then we could all argue about which one was more mill spec.

Also if you see someone laughing at you while you were wearing a mask driving in a car by yourself that was probably me. You look like a moron!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wondered if anyone would try this.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...hopping-in-san

Interesting that public health concerns suddenly became a non-issue.

Seen people interested in MAGA and similar slogans on masks and assume the reaction will be similar.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Simply owning a 30 round mag? That doesn’t make someone a dipshit. So yes, thats different. ???

Can you think of an example of someone failing to do the right thing voluntarily, in regard to firearms? How about a dipshit parent that leaves a loaded Glock on the kitchen counter, and his child picks it up and blows his friends’ head apart. After that, guess what: NEW LAW. Safe storage around children. THATS what I mean when I say that failure to do the right thing of our own choice will usually result in government feeling the need to make more choices for us. If we wish to avoid that situation, we can start by being intelligent and responsible. Government will come after our rights anyway, let’s not give them easy justification.

Wear a goddamn mask. I saw an elderly lady at Food Lion yesterday who was visibly terrified and trying to stay away from everyone else. She was the ONLY other person in the store besides me and my wife that was wearing a mask. She nodded when she saw us, as a thank you I believe. I didn’t try to talk with her and break the 6ft distance recommendation. Imagine you infected that lady because you’re too proud or too pretentious to cover your face, and you didn’t know you are an asymptomatic carrier.

(“You” generic, not you “business casual”)
    Come on man, lets be real here and look at it logically. If she is wearing a mask, social distances, doesn't touch her face like she is supposed to and washes her hands when she leaves she should be absolutely fine. Contact tracing data shows that we aren't getting it at the grocery stores and the like anyway.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 05-05-20 at 08:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Have Plenty that I wear for work. I’m not wearing one to go to Home Depot or any where.
    It would be fun if BCM and DD started producing mask and then we could all argue about which one was more mill spec.

Also if you see someone laughing at you while you were wearing a mask driving in a car by yourself that was probably me. You look like a moron!
    I saw this and wearing gloves while driving. At a drive thru, one lady who was wearing a mask in her car took it off to talk to the person at the window. Wtf...over?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Depending on your interests, here's a link with some face masks: https://www.zumiez.com//accessories/...s.html?kw=mask

I'm not sure how effective they are. Just thought I'd throw those out.

Etsy has been a huge shop for face masks as of late. Some people I work with have some from Cali Rustic or Rustic Cali that look pretty comfortable. They've got a pocket for filters, too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you can't find any N95 but have some you can reuse them to a point.

https://www.vaniman.com/how-to-steri...95-face-masks/

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast