Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good SDs but horrible accuracy?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes, only variable is a buddy is annealing the cases and I'm wondering if the process is not right(6.5). The other was I've never used the LAB Radar by myself, I'm a tard with that stuff and may not set it right. Which I don't think was the issue as I ran 10 rounds of .308(not annealed) across it and was 8.8 SD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Are you using the same components?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I’m headed out now to try the RDFs w/748 again (out of TMKs). If the results are the same, I’m junking this combo.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I’m headed out now to try the RDFs w/748 again (out of TMKs). If the results are the same, I’m junking this combo.
    I would think the 1 n 8 would be ok for those bullets, not sure on the bearing length. Maybe try another powder?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I’ve tried like hell to get rdf to shot in both 6.5cm and 223 both is gassers, they just don’t hold up to the Sierra,Hornady, Berger Bullets. What’s even crazier is they are the most consistent bullet in oal and base to ogive length too. But I think they must like to be right at the lands or jump so far you’ll have pressure problems. They are trash in my eyes but one mans trash is another’s treasure. (Someone will buy them)

Feedback Score
    I see Nosler has a commercial loading of that bullet. I wonder what that would give you? Try your HLs in another gun?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I've had SDs that didn't match up with the group size a number of times. Hard to figure out. But I'll always load for the good group size over the low SD.

Have you checked to see if the scope was secure? Is the action secure in the stock?
    U.S.A.F. Aircrew (ret.)
    NRA Life Member
    NHRA
    RSO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marchboom View Post
    Have you checked to see if the scope was secure? Is the action secure in the stock?
    I shot a control group with 52gr MK and it was typical of the gun @ 0.4”.

The control group means the problem is not the gun or the scope or the stock or the shooter or anything but the ammo...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Deleted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    The control group means the problem is not the gun or the scope or the stock or the shooter or anything but the ammo...
    That’s kind of where I’m at and why I shot that control group. I was able to improve accuracy slightly with different charge weights, but they were still not acceptable.

Feedback Score
    That’s kind of where I’m at and why I shot that control group. I was able to improve accuracy slightly with different charge weights, but they were still not acceptable.
    Did you do an ocw or ladder test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast