Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discreet Bag

Feedback Score

Discreet Bag

I am looking for an EDC bag that is more discreet than the molle-clad “tactical” kit that screams “look at all my cool guy gear”. I need this particular bag for work.

What I would like to do is be able to conceal a subcompact handgun in a hidden pocket as well as a knife, flashlight and small trauma kit in another pocket. Additionally, I’d like there to be a large enough pocket for a Nalgene and a small lunch and my work supplies which don’t take much room.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m ok with neutral or natural colors, sling or backpack-styled. If needs to be ruggedly built, too. Again, the most important thing is a secure way to carry a handgun.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Discreet Bag

Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I am looking for an EDC bag that is more discreet than the molle-clad “tactical” kit that screams “look at all my cool guy gear”. I need this particular bag for work.

What I would like to do is be able to conceal a subcompact handgun in a hidden pocket as well as a knife, flashlight and small trauma kit in another pocket. Additionally, I’d like there to be a large enough pocket for a Nalgene and a small lunch and my work supplies which don’t take much room.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m ok with neutral or natural colors, sling or backpack-styled. If needs to be ruggedly built, too. Again, the most important thing is a secure way to carry a handgun.

Thanks again!

Literally any backpack would work.

If you have to be tacticool (on the inside), check out Vertx.
    Last edited by scooter22; 05-05-20 at 14:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Literally any backpack would work.

If you have to be tacticool (on the inside), check out Vertx.
    I’m not so sure that any backpack has a CCW pocket. I don’t want a gun flopping around or to be evident if I’m opening the backpack in front of people.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Buy a bag you like then mod it to work. Kinda like how it goes with AR's.

It wouldn't take much to take a "jack bauer" style bag (or a Tumbuk2/Chrome/Filson et al) and add a fabric panel to it (like a laptop sleeve).

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Probaly too expensive for what your looking for but its the bomb - https://www.tacticaldistributors.com...courier-bag-15

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I’m not so sure that any backpack has a CCW pocket. I don’t want a gun flopping around or to be evident if I’m opening the backpack in front of people.

All you need is a kydex holster, and maybe a way to attach it to the inside of the bag if you so desire.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Vertx makes several.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Vertx makes several.
    I will check these out. Thanks! Any particular models you’ve had good luck with?

Feedback Score
    I have been using a Vertx Gamut bag for the past couple of years doing exactly what you described. I don’t think they scream tactical at all to everyday people. I also use a crossbreed Pac Mat holster in the hidden compartment for my G17 MOS. Vertx sells their version of Velcro hipsters and pouches as well which I have as well. I don’t think you can go wrong.

Bag:
    https://vertx.com/gamut-2-0-backpack

Holster:
    https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/pac-mat-pm.html

Feedback Score
    Up until COVID, I lived out of my backpack. Usually 60k flight miles and on the road about 25% of the time.

Presently using the GGG Griff. Just a superb daily use bag that has some special options for concealing a handgun. The descriptions and photos do not do it justice, at least for me. Extremely happy I bought it - nice balance between size and capabilities. Fine for a small pistol, trauma kit and a little bit of gear, but little more. Also opens up wide to get items in the bottom but has flexibility to kept closed. The main downside is the fabric seems to get dirty easily (I have black).

Immediately before that, I twice damaged a slick back LBT Three Day Pack over six months. It is a nice light pack, but I managed to rip out the straps in daily carry and plane trips. Not super rugged compared to past 3Day packs from Black Hawk (the old Black Hawk). They aren’t great for CCW.

I have also used the Vertx Gammut for about two years. The MOLLE field pocket was of almost no use and I did not find it that fast for the draw. Loved the Velcro lining and filet opening style, but I didn’t find those were that great for CCW or daily use. Did like it for a travel pack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast