Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A2 grip modification

Feedback Score

A2 grip modification

Hi

Did anyone ever try and remove the triangular hump on the A2 grip, sanding it down to flat ?

I’m not sure it really serves a purpose, it’s not particularly comfortable to split the fingers.

On the other hand I generally prefer to keep my guns stock

I might try it on a spare grip.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Since you don't like the grip, I'll take that whole rifle off your hands

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    Hi

Did anyone ever try and remove the triangular hump on the A2 grip, sanding it down to flat ?

I’m not sure it really serves a purpose, it’s not particularly comfortable to split the fingers.

On the other hand I generally prefer to keep my guns stock

I might try it on a spare grip.

Removing the knuckle buster on the A2 is easy to do. I've also blended several grips to remove "hot spots" and to fit lowers better. I use files, Dremel tool and Emery cloth with water
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I wouldn't do it to that Delta Elite grip but if you have a standard one why not.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Files and sandpaper. I do it all the time.

This one's not mine, but close:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did that and removed the toe on my service rifle, so far no one has complained, maybe that will come when I start being a threat score-wise, though.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Most guys I work with, if they have an opinion on it, don't like it.

Me, I love it. I prefer it except for MagPuls having storage. My favorite setup is stipple it (cruder=better, like a hot nail held in Channel Locks :-) ). On the line or carrying it I get the hand scrunched up high so my ring finger is locked over it and the middle finger is forced forward onto the trigger guard somewhat. Feels very solid to me and I think it ought to be harder to jerk it out of my hands, not that that will happen to me. For me, for anything that shoots, higher is better. I can't stand the PG's that have the filler at the web of the hand, big move in the wrong direction in my opinion / my way to doing things.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link, grip hack is the right expression there

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Since you don't like the grip, I'll take that whole rifle off your hands
    That’s very kind of you, where shall I send it ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast