Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A2 grip modification

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Removing the knuckle buster on the A2 is easy to do. I've also blended several grips to remove "hot spots" and to fit lowers better. I use files, Dremel tool and Emery cloth with water
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Files and sandpaper. I do it all the time.

This one's not mine, but close:

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I did that and removed the toe on my service rifle, so far no one has complained, maybe that will come when I start being a threat score-wise, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Most guys I work with, if they have an opinion on it, don't like it.

Me, I love it. I prefer it except for MagPuls having storage. My favorite setup is stipple it (cruder=better, like a hot nail held in Channel Locks :-) ). On the line or carrying it I get the hand scrunched up high so my ring finger is locked over it and the middle finger is forced forward onto the trigger guard somewhat. Feels very solid to me and I think it ought to be harder to jerk it out of my hands, not that that will happen to me. For me, for anything that shoots, higher is better. I can't stand the PG's that have the filler at the web of the hand, big move in the wrong direction in my opinion / my way to doing things.
    Thanks for input guys, appreciate it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I wouldn't do it to that Delta Elite grip but if you have a standard one why not.
    As I said I would do it with a spare grip. And I have 5 A2s, just chose the sexy one for illustration purposes

Feedback Score
    They got it right with the original grip.......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Me, I love it. I prefer it except for MagPuls having storage. My favorite setup is stipple it (cruder=better, like a hot nail held in Channel Locks :-) ). On the line or carrying it I get the hand scrunched up high so my ring finger is locked over it and the middle finger is forced forward onto the trigger guard somewhat. Feels very solid to me and I think it ought to be harder to jerk it out of my hands, not that that will happen to me. For me, for anything that shoots, higher is better. I can't stand the PG's that have the filler at the web of the hand, big move in the wrong direction in my opinion / my way to doing things.
    Only a couple if tries, but so far no luck on stippling original A1 grips.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Alternately, you could just buy an A1 grip. Available at Brownells here: https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod109338.aspx

Feedback Score
    This has been done and discussed a lot. I was reading an interesting thread the other day about this. Someone had shared the gov notes on why they decided to make the change over from the A1. If I remember right, the only thing that was really mentioned was about the durability of the material it’s made out of vs the A1 grip. One of the guys commenting was a veteran who worked on research and development projects around the time of the change over and had stated out of all of the parts/equipment that end users complained about, the A1 grip wasn’t one of them, and he was always curious as to why they made the change, because of the lack of complaints. The general consensus other than material durability is that the design helps with stability and helps keep the grip from slipping out of the hand. I honestly prefer the A1 grip over any older or newer model grip and have changed almost all of my rifles over to A1’s. Once Numrich opens back up and fulfills my order, I’ll have all of my rifles changed over

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Alternately, you could just buy an A1 grip. Available at Brownells here: https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod109338.aspx
    This.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score

I agree with this. Modifying the a2 is a good rainy day project.FF1E8FE1-D2A4-4948-B107-990AE8E46B57.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    replace it with a A1 grip for SARCO or any surplus parts store. If you really don't like it I'll give it good home for you even pay for shipping
    Last edited by XUSMICO; 05-09-20 at 13:55.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast