Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

This event is getting a lot of attention and pushed hard as a couple of racist white guys killing a black kid cuz they could, yada yada. The short fuzzy vid does not look good, but as always, it's tiny snap shot of an event. Story for those not awares:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ahmaud-...hooting-video/

I thought Tatum gives the event a worthy POV before leaping right to the narrative being pushed by the always race baiting media and such:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That was interesting, Will. Thanks for posting that.

Sad story all around, and like Officer Tatum, I hope that we can find the actual facts of the matter.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Not really much defending these guys. I haven't seen a single person I know on either side of the fence who doesn't think these two guys should be locked up for the rest of their lives.

Colion Noir did a good overview as well.

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    Nobody was there, but the people that were there.

I agree with a lot of the points he makes.

I will say if you have a firearm and you get buck fever and chance down a criminal, your stupid.

I 100% support your right to protect your property and life, but you go off your property and things go sideways. It just might bite you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Not really much defending these guys. I haven't seen a single person I know on either side of the fence who doesn't think these two guys should be locked up for the rest of their lives.

I saw it, and I liked his take on it, but I thought Tatum did a better job of examining it overall. Tatum can also discuss it from the LE POV, where as Colion can't. I thought it was very helpful on this one.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I saw it, and I liked his take on it, but I thought Tatum did a better job of examining it overall. Tatum can also discuss it from the LE POV, where as Colion can't. I thought it was very helpful on this one.
    Here is the problem with that though. This wasn't a LEO encounter. The outlook of a LEO is actually less relevant than it should be. This is far different than the Idiot in Indy who livestreamed himself running from the cops before getting smoked.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post

Completely agree. These guys are murderers. Colion's point of standing your ground, even if you are not armed, is a good one imo. That law does not translate only to lethal force.

They saw a black man in a neighborhood they didn't think he should be in, and for some ****ing retarded reason, took the actions into their own hands. Shitty thing about this is, they've (The Police department) had this information and video for months, but are only doing something now because IT GOT OUT. The PD looks shady as hell here.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From what I have read on it so far, the McMichaels didn't witness him commit a felony so (based on my understanding of it) the citizen arrest angle is not valid.

The initial after action(once again, what little I have read) sounds like cronies at work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Completely agree. These guys are murderers. Colion's point of standing your ground, even if you are not armed, is a good one imo. That law does not translate only to lethal force.

They saw a black man in a neighborhood they didn't think he should be in, and for some ****ing retarded reason, took the actions into their own hands. Shitty thing about this is, they've (The Police department) had this information and video for months, but are only doing something now because IT GOT OUT. The PD looks shady as hell here.
    From I can tell, the arrest was pushed by GBI, not the locals.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is self defense 101 I thought. Once they are no longer a deadly threat you must disengage.

If he just sprayed their truck with an M-240 but then put it down and ran away - it would still be a bad shoot (by a non LEO).

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast