Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

Furthermore, I don't understand the people who are saying that Arbery had it coming for trying to fight back. If two guys in a pickup truck jump out and point a gun at me, I can only assume they mean to murder, rob, or kidnap me, or all of the above. If I'm unarmed, and can't run and get to cover, I'm left with two options: 1) Go down fighting, 2) Get on my knees, close my eyes, and say, "Lord, into your hands I commit my spirit." Arbery did the only thing he could. I know Tatum was questioning why Arbery didn't turn and run the other way. Well, maybe because he thought he'd get shot in the back, or because they were in a truck, he would eventually be caught.

I also, I do strongly suspect that racism had a hand in this. I know it may not be conservative to suggest that racism still exists but...it does. Yes, this isn't proof that black people can't go "anywhere" without fear anymore than a single active shoot proves that "nobody" can be trusted with an AR-15. No doubt thousands of black people went jogging through white neighborhoods in Georgia that day without any reaction other than a couple friendly waves. But the fact is, I think these guys were thinking that if a black guy was in their neighborhood, he could only be up to no good.

At any rate, there was nothing reasonable about the McMichaels' actions before or during this incident.
    Much more cohesive and eloquent than I put it for sure, we are on the same page with this shooting.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If the shooters had been black, and the jogger had been white, they'd have locked up in one minute.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...ng-11588956106

Check the letter from DA Barnhill.

After reading all his experts credentials, are "muzzles" really referred to as "barrel tips" in officialdom? Also, his trigger pull story sounds like BS as well.
    Link is behind paywall. Could you copy pertinent parts for us?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Link is behind paywall. Could you copy pertinent parts for us?
    Pay for me now too.

Found the letter I think will open, but in case not here is the rationale.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...Xwu4OtE#page=1

"Fifth
    The video made by William Bryan clearly shows the shooting in realtime. From said video it
    appears Ahmaud Arbery was running along the right side of the McMichael truck then abruptly
    turns 90 degrees to the left and attacks Travis McMichaelwho was standing at the front left
    corner ofthetruck . A brief skirmish ensues in which it appear Arbery strikes McMichael and
    appears to grab the shotgun andpull it from McMichael The shot is through Arbery s right
    hand palm which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip , the
    2nd and 3rd wounds are consistentwith the struggle for the shotgun as depicted in the video , the
    angle of the 2nd shot with the rear of the buttstock being pushed away and down from the fight
    arealso consistent with the upward angle ofblood plume shown in the video and that McMichael
    was attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself.
    The 3rd shot too appears to be in a struggle over the gun. The angle of the shots and the video
    show this was from the beginning or almost immediately became-- a fight over the shotgun .
    Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia
    Law , McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.
    Just as importantly, while weknow McMichael had his finger on the trigger, we do notknow
    who caused the firings. Arbery would only had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/ 16th to
    1/ 8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely
    possible. Arbery s mentalhealth records & prior convictions help explain his apparent
    aggressive nature and his possible thoughtpattern to attack an armed man ."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    If the shooters had been black, and the jogger had been white, they'd have locked up in one minute.
    I don't think that this kind of rhetoric helps much.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Possibly. Sounds like the relationship between the McMichaels and local officials played a role.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Pay for me now too.

Found the letter I think will open, but in case not here is the rationale.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...Xwu4OtE#page=1

"Fifth
    The video made by William Bryan clearly shows the shooting in realtime. From said video it
    appears Ahmaud Arbery was running along the right side of the McMichael truck then abruptly
    turns 90 degrees to the left and attacks Travis McMichaelwho was standing at the front left
    corner ofthetruck . A brief skirmish ensues in which it appear Arbery strikes McMichael and
    appears to grab the shotgun andpull it from McMichael The shot is through Arbery s right
    hand palm which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip , the
    2nd and 3rd wounds are consistentwith the struggle for the shotgun as depicted in the video , the
    angle of the 2nd shot with the rear of the buttstock being pushed away and down from the fight
    arealso consistent with the upward angle ofblood plume shown in the video and that McMichael
    was attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself.
    The 3rd shot too appears to be in a struggle over the gun. The angle of the shots and the video
    show this was from the beginning or almost immediately became-- a fight over the shotgun .
    Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia
    Law , McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.
    Just as importantly, while weknow McMichael had his finger on the trigger, we do notknow
    who caused the firings. Arbery would only had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/ 16th to
    1/ 8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely
    possible. Arbery s mentalhealth records & prior convictions help explain his apparent
    aggressive nature and his possible thoughtpattern to attack an armed man ."
    Thanks, I haven't taken the WSJ for sometime. I may need to rethink that since it seems every week I'm directed to some story behind their paywall.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I don't think that this kind of rhetoric helps much.
    Maybe not but we know it is true.

Systemic Racism is bullshit in todays world. But Racism is still alive and well in far too many people.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks, I haven't taken the WSJ for sometime. I may need to rethink that since it seems every week I'm directed to some story behind their paywall.
    Apparently I get some sort of newsfeed where I can read an article one time and that's it.

I assume the "barrel tip" is indicative of ignorance at a minimum after reading the trigger pull tale when the just as likely scenario of hands clinching when jarred wasn't even touched on.

Feedback Score
    Why is race even a topic?
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast