Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

Feedback Score
    Local authorities put McMichael in an ongoing role as a defacto acting deputy? This may get interesting and perhaps move the needle on why he was there and doing.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 05-16-20 at 11:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Local authorities put McMichael in an ongoing role of acting deputy? This may get interesting and perhaps move the needle on why he was there and doing.
    I hope lots and lots of people pay attention since the certifications claimed to enable special powers and talents apparently don't amount to squat based on the actions of Georgia's specially annointed.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 05-16-20 at 11:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    While a topic for a different day, it should be noted that all the training, that is touted as the reason why McMichael would have had special privileges that far outweighed anyone else's "rights", wasn't even taken. Apparently that was(may be still is??) not a big deal to the powers that be.
    I'm pretty familiar with this in my state. Each year there are officers who are short on training hours - 40 per year is required. IMO the majority were just guys who put it off and then got caught short or simply didn't keep track of their hours.

In rarer cases they may have submitted something for training which wasn't approved. For example LE related college classes are approved, so if a guy pursuing a degree takes a constitutional law class, it would likely be approved, whereas a guy taking an art appreciation class is probably going to get it kicked back.

For the most part if they make up the hours in the next year they are GTG. If they didn't get the hours, eventually they would be decertified. That is an example of one state.

It may be that this guy may was riding out the end of his career and decided just to coast on training.

Edit: point being, I don't think the training hours thing is part of some vast conspiracy between the Georgia POST and the local agency.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-16-20 at 12:27.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    oops

Text reveals police told building site owner to call neighbor who shot dead Ahmaud Arbery 'day or night' if there was a crime as they encouraged the ex-cop to be a vigilante

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-lynching.html
    oops, reading is fundamental (not directed at you but Daily Mail).

text does NOT say police TOLD English to call neighbor.

Text actually says McMichaels wanted English to call him.

Attachment 62400

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm pretty familiar with this in my state. Each year there are officers who are short on training hours - 40 per year is required. IMO the majority were just guys who put it off and then got caught short or simply didn't keep track of their hours.

In rarer cases they may have submitted something for training which wasn't approved. For example LE related college classes are approved, so if a guy pursuing a degree takes a constitutional law class, it would likely be approved, whereas a guy taking an art appreciation class is probably going to get it kicked back.

For the most part if they make up the hours in the next year they are GTG. If they didn't get the hours, eventually they would be decertified. That is an example of one state.

It may be that this guy may was riding out the end of his career and decided just to coast on training.

Edit: point being, I don't think the training hours thing is part of some vast conspiracy between the Georgia POST and the local agency.
    Oh ok.

His special arrest powers were nil by 2006. He and the DA got him a waiver in 2014. By 2018 he was still not trained and got his authority revoked so the DA put him in another position he retired from in mid 2019.

And now it seems he was being touted by LE as the go to guy for the neighborhood.

More than GA POST and 1 local agency. District Attorney was/is part of this particular event. I have yet to see ANY politician in favor of 2nd Amendment infringements fail to use police firearms expertise/training as part of their anti 2nd Amendment spiel.

While you are indicating that isn't unusual(and GA post indicated that according to the video), that is still a point to hammer on for those advocating for 2nd Amendment rights.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 05-16-20 at 13:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    oops, reading is fundamental (not directed at you but Daily Mail).

text does NOT say police TOLD English to call neighbor.

Text actually says McMichaels wanted English to call him.

Attachment 62400
    Maybe Gregory was a recognized expert on antebellum laws still on the books?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Oh ok.

His special arrest powers were nil by 2006. He and the DA got him a waiver in 2014. By 2018 he was still not trained and got his authority revoked so the DA put him in another position he retired from in mid 2019.

And now it seems he was being touted by LE as the go to guy for the neighborhood.

While you are indicating that isn't unusual, that is still a point to hammer on for those advocating for 2nd Amendment rights.
    I'm not following this case with an avid attention to each detail, just reading threads on here and a couple of other sites.

I was aware he had been short on hours and was aware that he had been moved to another job w/o arrest powers, was not aware of the timeline you posted. However, we don't know the details of what the Georgia POST was doing about this, could be the DA was using delay tactics.

I think there is a difference between one officer saying contact this guy, versus LE. Frankly, I think it was a dumbshit thing to do because I'm sure that at some point in a civil suit it is going to be argued that, due to this text, the shooters were acting as agents of the police.

While you are indicating that isn't unusual, that is still a point to hammer on for those advocating for 2nd Amendment rights. Not sure where you are going with this, to me it appears that would be arguing against 2A moreso than for 2A.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm not following this case with an avid attention to each detail, just reading threads on here and a couple of other sites.

I was aware he had been short on hours and was aware that he had been moved to another job w/o arrest powers, was not aware of the timeline you posted. However, we don't know the details of what the Georgia POST was doing about this, could be the DA was using delay tactics.

I think there is a difference between one officer saying contact this guy, versus LE. Frankly, I think it was a dumbshit thing to do because I'm sure that at some point in a civil suit it is going to be argued that, due to this text, the shooters were acting as agents of the police.

While you are indicating that isn't unusual, that is still a point to hammer on for those advocating for 2nd Amendment rights. Not sure where you are going with this, to me it appears that would be arguing against 2A moreso than for 2A.
    I edited my post to clarify a few things while you were responding.

A couple of things in your response not touched on in my editing.

Yes DA Johnson did assist McMichael. POST granted the waiver they requested.

On the last part concerning the 2nd Amendment I added:

I have yet to see ANY politician in favor of 2nd Amendment infringements fail to use police firearms expertise/training as part of their anti 2nd Amendment spiel.

And i will add that back in the 1990's while we in KY were trying to get concealed carry passed, we heard plenty about police being the only ones qualified to do so, peons were dangerous to themselves and others, blood in the streets, and so on. Around that same time, LE used the shooting range I was a member of and I got to watch KDFWR having a qualification. Some were really good, most decent, and a few couldn't hit an 8" plate at 25 with their entire S&W 4506 loadout, but they were all imminently more competent, safer, and so on according to CLEOS, mayors, legislators, governor/gubernatorial candidates, and others based on the qualification which most people wouldn't get to see and wouldn't realize the training they were told about was effectively meaningless.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 05-16-20 at 13:42.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Just saying;
    If while jogging, I stop and look at some construction. Seeing these actions, you decide to get your guns and your Son and neighbor and begin following me in a truck, then decide to cut off my escape and jump out of the truck with a weapon.
    You are the aggressor.
    You can see my hands, you can see me jogging in shorts, so it's very unlikely I'm jogging with a handgun, then you suddenly decide to confront me with a weapon, well you own this one. Logic dictates I am not a threat, nor have I left the site with something stolen,
    You have decided irregardless of all of that, that you need to confront me with a weapon, You are the aggressor.
    No amount of stories about what happened in the past and any amount of verification that you personally can provide will hold up without some very, very good hard evidence, so your screwed.
    I hope they both get life without parole.
    I'm there

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    If while jogging, I stop and look at some construction. Seeing these actions, you decide to get your guns and your Son and neighbor and begin following me in a truck, then decide to cut off my escape and jump out of the truck with a weapon.
    Has it been established as fact Dad McMichaels saw Arbery in the house just prior to the pursuit? The police report says he saw him "hauling ass" down the street, but makes no mention of Dad McMichaels seeing him in the house.

Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast