Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to make a reliable 762 x 39 AR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Perfectly timed thread. Coming to the end of my current 6.8 stash and have been toying with a new fun caliber/chambering. Was thinking .224 valkyrie, but for shear volume of fire and practice, pretty hard to argue against x39.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 07-12-20 at 18:49.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I built a sidecharging x39 with a BCA upper and it was gtg. I didn't have a single problem with it although I only had about 2300 rounds through it

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Zero experience myself, but I have heard that this is the most long lasting bolt: https://lmtdefense.com/product/l7r3b/
    It evidently didn't last with LMT as this link is null and void.

I have 3 x39 AR47's. I am thinking several posters hear are running on old info. I had some problems out of my first PSA. It was the turd ASC mags. I have a bunch of the 30rd CPD's. 100% I have a Young bolt in all of my uppers now. Never broke the old ones. The Young does not require an extended firing pin. I have been running the original extended models. I run a chrome a Young bolt in a NIB PSA carrier on one. Young used to make a phosphate coated bolt. No more.

I have 2 16" nitride 4150 PSA uppers, and 1 10.5" CHF nitride Alpha Shooting Sports upper. All 3 uppers are midlength.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down

THE BUFFALO GOT MY ORDER FOR 2 PHOSPHATE X39 YOUNG MFR BOLTS I GOT AN ORDER CONFIRMATION THEN NOTHING! Placed the order on 7/18 and got the automated confirmation. 7/28 I contacted Visa and filed a dispute. I called the guy, and emailed him twice. Nothing.

Beware!!
    Last edited by NQNPIII; 08-08-20 at 21:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    FWIW I've since fired over 5k though this carbine and haven't had a single failure with the CPD mags FWIW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    On a DI system some lessons I've learned:
    Ill take a look at those and the PWS.

Honestly though if I do it I think Ill give the PSA a try as they seems to be damn decent for the price and run it until it breaks and then fix what gives me issues. Maybe they will eventually do the Jakl in x39...that would be something....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    Two issues with a x39 are mags and bolts. Mags get solved by using a AK lower, I like the idea in theory of using a standard lower but I hate those hybrid AR/AK mags and most of them are less than reliable.
    The RZE Unimags look like regular AR15 magazines from the outside, but run reliably and hold 25rds of 7.62x39. If you don't mind low budge videos (I'm no Mrgunsngear), here's a video of me running a 7.62x39 upper an M16.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma82EphaORQ

The RZE Unimags are on sale right now. I like them so much that I just bought 19 more.
    https://rossdefensesystems.com/products/unimag

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    THE BUFFALO GOT MY ORDER FOR 2 PHOSPHATE X39 YOUNG MFR BOLTS I GOT AN ORDER CONFIRMATION THEN NOTHING! Placed the order on 7/18 and got the automated confirmation. 7/28 I contacted Visa and filed a dispute. I called the guy, and emailed him twice. Nothing.

Beware!!
    Making sure you see this edit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchocap View Post
    We just went through this not two weeks ago. Get CPD Duramags in 7.62x39 28 round or less (for NATO mag holder compatibility) with a normal AR lower and a 7.62x39 bolt with either proper military machining or an extended firing pin and you’re golden 100% reliable with a 7.62x39 upper and steel case ammo.

You can do a little Google-fu and find all you want on it. PSA offers a complete upper with 7.62x39 BCG. So does Bear Creek Arsenal. AIM surplus has the Duramags and their own 7.62x39 BCG in melonite or NIB.

I’ve run a Radical upper 16” H-Bar with a H2 buffer, the AIM NiB BCG and Duramags. It ticks like a Swiss watch and is much more accurate than any AK I’ve shot. It shoots for 1/3 the price of 300BLK. Absolutely a blast to shoot and I highly recommend it.

Ditto
    Yes
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC51 View Post
    [/B]

Ditto
    Yes
    Florida Keys? My brother lives there. If you are a member of the Key Largo range you would know my brother.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    Florida Keys? My brother lives there. If you are a member of the Key Largo range you would know my brother.
    I know a couple of the people that run it, one is a board member. Back a few years ago tried to join, but they let in Miami people instead of us in the Keys. Then the club bought the property and now they want our $ to help pay for it. Prefer Long Shot or Henry's. Tell your brother to try Henry's it's a great little Ma & Pa. If he wants, PM me I will take him up there.
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast