Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to make a reliable 762 x 39 AR?

Feedback Score
    The price of steel case russian 7.62x39 has nearly DOUBLED in the last week. Was .34 cents per round, is now .60 cpr. Nice. When is this insanity going to slow down and reverse course?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SigSawR View Post
    The price of steel case russian 7.62x39 has nearly DOUBLED in the last week. Was .34 cents per round, is now .60 cpr. Nice. When is this insanity going to slow down and reverse course?
    I don't think it's going to for a while.

Feedback Score
    Likely this type of activity will drive the price to another double.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...o-Wipe-Servers

Feedback Score
    The price of steel case russian 7.62x39 has nearly DOUBLED in the last week. Was .34 cents per round, is now .60 cpr. Nice.
    Dang. Glad I have enough to weather the storm. It will turn around eventually and a lot of people will have overpaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Dang. Glad I have enough to weather the storm. It will turn around eventually and a lot of people will have overpaid.
    I have a decent amount, I would like one more case though if I can bit that doesn't look like its happening. Sportsman's Guide did have some wolf SPs on backorder for the "bargain" price of 37 CPR, which sucks I know, due in April so I did put in an order for that, but I can cancel it anytime also if I change my mind. Aside from that Im on an ammo buying hiatus to see where this ends up going.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    I have a decent amount, I would like one more case though if I can bit that doesn't look like its happening. Sportsman's Guide did have some wolf SPs on backorder for the "bargain" price of 37 CPR, which sucks I know, due in April so I did put in an order for that, but I can cancel it anytime also if I change my mind. Aside from that Im on an ammo buying hiatus to see where this ends up going.
    Yeah, the allure of a cheap round to shoot from an AR15 just went out the window unless you were all in already.

Literally doubled over night in price. Crazy.

If you're not already vested in ammo, I would NOT consider building an AR15 chambered in 7.62X39. There is really no point. Especially if commie Joe has his way and is able to ban ammo imports.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Yeah, the allure of a cheap round to shoot from an AR15 just went out the window unless you were all in already.

Literally doubled over night in price. Crazy.

If you're not already vested in ammo, I would NOT consider building an AR15 chambered in 7.62X39. There is really no point. Especially if commie Joe has his way and is able to ban ammo imports.
    Guns already been bought and on its way. Everything's going to be high for a while, it doesn't really matter. Plus the ammo will work itself out eventually

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    I have built about 15 of these on standard lowers over the last 5 years and every one of them has run like champ ! 20,000+ rounds across all of them and not 1 broken bolt yet, just 1 extractor. I have used bolts from PSA, Aim & Tool craft. The real key to it all is a true Extended firing pin, a lot of site's claim they sell them but only a few do. Mags used from ASC (my personal fav) and c-products in 20 & 30 rounders work perfectly...

now the 74 is a whole nother story
    Eight plus years ago, I went through the meat grinder with a good friends, AR762x39. It FTF, FTE Jammed, did not work! It worked about 10% of the time. He told me that he did not want to see it again if it did not work, but I did keep him in the loop and we got it fixed. It took about nine months.

I knew who the big fish were in the AR762x39 pond and I got in contact with them for help. They were working out all these problems with the AR762x39 at the time that my friend and I were having them. It was those guys that showed me how to fix all the problems, but I did learn a lot and I am trying to pass on some help to get other people up and going.

We re-cut the M4 feed ramps so they worked with the 762x39, which fixed some of the problems. We used an extended firing pin, which fixed some of the problems. We used Wolf heavy hammer spring, which fixed some of the problems. I did know Larry at LCJ Wholesalestore and he was my in to CPD. He got us changed from 556 magazines over to CPD 762x39 magazines and that was the last hole to fill. That rifle is fixed; it will run everyday, any day, all day with Tula, Wolf, Red Army, everyone's ammo.

I can attest to Armilite's 7.62x39 does work!!

My only experience with ASC magazines was a nightmare. I have eight ASC 30rds and all eight do not work!!! ASC replaced them once and the replacements Do Not Work. It took ASC almost six weeks to get the replacements to me. In that, time spam of the six weeks I got CPD 20rds and have not had an issue with any of the CPD-20's.
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    RMC61 i was. Just in Key Largo. Was shooting off Gun Club road.

Feedback Score
    Next time you are down PM me, will meet for lunch.
    Did you have a good time?
    What did you shoot?
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast