Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Projectile advancements worth upgrade?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    You are about the first one besides me to publicly say you arent a fan of anything from Hornady. GOOD.
    Ive several reasons, none of which I care to go over again, but Ive stated them here a few times.
    Others may think its the best ammo on Earth. Ok, fine. I dont like it and unless they change some things, wont.
    I spent 5 minutes looking for what you've said about Hornady before. I couldn't find anything negative.

I like most of their ammo. At least you didn't call it "Horn-a-DAY". (Or say "am-bee-DEX-tree-us")

I'd like to hear your beef with Hornady. (perhaps beyond they tend to use mild amounts of powder)

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    You are about the first one besides me to publicly say you arent a fan of anything from Hornady. GOOD.
    Ive several reasons, none of which I care to go over again, but Ive stated them here a few times.
    Others may think its the best ammo on Earth. Ok, fine. I dont like it and unless they change some things, wont.
    Hornady makes some good projectiles. You just have to launch them a little harder, and the factory loads are a little soft, further exacerbating that issue. For example, Critical Duty 135gr is one of the few rounds that I prefer the +p version of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I spent 5 minutes looking for what you've said about Hornady before. I couldn't find anything negative.

I like most of their ammo. At least you didn't call it "Horn-a-DAY". (Or say "am-bee-DEX-tree-us")

I'd like to hear your beef with Hornady. (perhaps beyond they tend to use mild amounts of powder)
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I would feel very comfortable using what you have. Any marginal improvement is offset by marksmanship.

Undoubtedly there will be a large leap sometime in the future, it's what technology does, but it hasn't happened yet.

Lead or copper which opens quickly, penetrates moderate barriers (for "civilian", not nesc. LE), and reaches the vitals with enough punch to do damage and is 100% reliable will do the job if you do yours.

Feedback Score
    My $0.02.....the Federal Bonded and Spear Gold Dots are still viable choices for self defense. If you have a good supply of these cartridges and feel confident carrying them, stay the course. IMHO the Federal HST loads tops the list of current defensive handgun cartridges for both 9mm and 40S&W. What I find really exciting is the industry addressing barrier performance for the 5.56/223 loadings. I'm looking forward to seeing more testing and real world results from loads such as the 556 NATO Federal XM556FBIT3/XM556SBCT3 with the Trophy Bond Bear Claw projectile.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim.Patriot View Post
    My $0.02.....the Federal Bonded and Spear Gold Dots are still viable choices for self defense. If you have a good supply of these cartridges and feel confident carrying them, stay the course. IMHO the Federal HST loads tops the list of current defensive handgun cartridges for both 9mm and 40S&W. What I find really exciting is the industry addressing barrier performance for the 5.56/223 loadings. I'm looking forward to seeing more testing and real world results from loads such as the 556 NATO Federal XM556FBIT3/XM556SBCT3 with the Trophy Bond Bear Claw projectile.
    I’ve slowing been stocking up of the XM556SBCT from an online source as much as I can afford because that ammo is the shit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12