Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COLT FIREARMS ROLL DIE STAMPING TOOL - MUST SEE -

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

COLT FIREARMS ROLL DIE STAMPING TOOL - MUST SEE -

Feedback Score
    That's cool. I'm curious how they made it to market.
    I would think Colt would control the roll tool pretty aggressively.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder if this would be worth the coin:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gunsmithing....c100008.m2219
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    That's cool. I'm curious how they made it to market.
    I would think Colt would control the roll tool pretty aggressively.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    The seller acquired them from a former Colt executive who is liquidating most of his collection.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    And this was all they had to replace to not be turning out lowers with smashed roll marks.

Really makes you wonder what other tooling they let go longer than should have.

Those all look better than the roll mark on half my colts.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What minuteman1636 said is true.
    These dies were acquired from an former executive or salesman at Colt who is liquidating his collection. These items don't come available everyday & a very limited number of people have access to the areas where these parts were/are located to be able to acquire them. These are real genuine collectible items if an individual can afford them right now. Myself, I'm a collector but I'm on a mission of buying new barrels, upper receivers, and related parts that won't be available in the future. There's always going to be a market for parts, I'm just not a supporter of used Colt parts although sooner than later that's all there will be.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question

“I'm on a mission of buying new barrels, upper receivers, and related parts that won't be available in the future.”

That sounds pretty certain. Why do you believe so? I am curious...
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP - are the items for sale yours?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    No they are not mine. Pot metal is gaining on silver prices as of this afternoon
    Last edited by rooster2412; 05-13-20 at 15:05.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast