Thread: missing .556 Gemtech Halo

Feedback Score

Unhappy missing .556 Gemtech Halo

Yes I am freaking out, sleep sucks..etc. Anyway, I didn't misplace this thing......my suspicions lie with the fact my female roommate and I are friends with the same moron. I call him that because he's one of those friends that you want to have around because he can be a great friend, he helps out, has your back, he's a funny mother effer........yet he does have a bumpy past and has a crazy screw in his head but it seems harmless. anyway I had my bag out and was cleaning my 22 and my Element2 (thank god I still have that). I stepped away from the work bench for a break and to go out for a few. I locked everything down and feel safe with the situation at this home.
    What sucks is that my roommate told me while I was out, that our buddy stopped by for a few and yada yada yada.........thought nothing of it, finished with my guns.
    zipped up my back and locked her up. That was last week, I noticed this week my Halo is MIA.!

it took me some time to figure it out, and suddenly damn! that SOB!
    The reason I'm suspicious is because He would always drool over this silencer. and even crazier, he asked me to borrow the thing because he wants to eliminate somebody......I laughed my ass off and obviously did not take him seriously at all. However, now, recently he started running his mouth off again about this adversary of his and that he wants to now go take care of this guy. The coincidence is too weird. He's so easy to read. I'm virtually certain he's got my can. ............its at least lost........what do I do? I do realize I need to cover all 4 corners looking and not jump to conclusions blaming him first. I know this.
    I guess what Im a askin is.......living in Phx AZ, any protocol I should follow or not follow re. laws etc.......thanx.....I realize this is lame ass boring post but you guys seem to be the best educated across the board re. all the NFA laws........among everything else.....I love this site for real.
    All I can do is report it lost......should I tell authorities what I suspect and what he has said to me? he's a talker, he aint shooting a damn soul.....just wondering if I should cover bases....so ridiculous.
    Pls help.

Thank You
    Last edited by ty50; 05-11-20 at 02:09. Reason: add to post

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow, that sucks. I thought I "lost" a revolver once. Searched high and low in the safe and the house. Figured I may have brain farted and left it on the bench at the range, but they didn't have it either. Turns out it was actually in my range bag. It had slipped under the hard plastic bottom on the inside of the bag and was not visible nor did the weight give me any clue. Check the bag again looking in any areas that it might have slipped into without you knowing it.
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Feedback Score
    The first thing that I'd do is tear the place apart to make doubly sure that I didn't misplace it myself. I can lose stuff that's right in front of my face, so I know it happens. Or, I put something in a good place and later forget where that good place is. Assuming you still can't find it, then call the police. You need to do this at the least to cover your rear. They should ask you who had access to it. That would be your roommate, this goober and anyone else you can think of during the time period that it's missing. And yes, tell them the crap that he said. If you don't and something ever happens, you're toast. Plus, you'd likely never forgive yourself because you had a chance to stop it from happening. It's not your fault that he has diarrhea of the mouth. If he did take it, the police putting the heat on him will likely just get him to toss it in a lake or dispose of it otherwise. That's better than him doing something with it. Just let that be a lesson about controlling access to your firearm stuff. If you do later find it, then just call the police and tell them. Let us know what happens.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I agree with Bret. I would first call the dude and have a conversation. Ask him if he took it and if he denies it, I would let him know that protocol in this case is I have to notify local law enforcement and the ATF. Once you do that it is completely out of your hands and theft of an NFA item has serious consequences including losing all your rights including the second and a lot of money in fines. Seems like he will come around.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    .....They should ask you who had access to it. That would be your roommate, this goober and anyone else you can think of during the time period that it's missing.
    Bret,

The issue I see with this is, with my 15+ years of NFA knowledge and 10 stamps, is that if you openly admit that someone who isn't on Form 4 has access that is a potential felony. I maybe wrong, but I wouldn't say that it was left out.

Of course your social media accounts will probably be searched since this is public record but what can ya do n?

Just my two cents, hope it helps in some way and best of luck in this situation.

SF
    Gunny NR
    Last edited by MCASSgt New River; 05-13-20 at 17:19.
    Saiga S12 is my new Homeland Defense weapon.