Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AR in Long Range Rifle Course

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    My cope is a 3-9 x 42 FFP.

I have an old Harris Bipod and leaning towards using this and learning before I plunk down the $300 plus for the Atlas bipod. Will this work?
    Yes a Harris will work. Does it have the ability to "cant", those are the better harris versions. Ie can you level the gun on uneven surfaces with bipod?

Either way it will work.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yes a Harris will work. Does it have the ability to "cant", those are the better harris versions. Ie can you level the gun on uneven surfaces with bipod?

Either way it will work.

PB
    Thanks Poppa Bear. Yes it will cant in each direction and the legs are adjustable. Will roll with the Harris this time and learn what doesn't work well.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    What glass are you running? I took my 16 inch Noveske out to 1,000 yards on sunday, the AR is just fine for long range. Fun to shoot and cheap to shoot.

PB; what ammo were you feeding the Noveske (Assuming N4 barrel?)- the 'Black Hills you.mentioned?
    (it's on my to do list getting 1k hits out of my Noveske just to to make some of the local bench rest chassis paper punchers weep)
    Thx
    Last edited by polydeuces; 06-15-20 at 07:52.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    PB; what ammo were you feeding the Noveske (Assuming N4 barrel?)- the 'Black Hills you.mentioned?
    (it's on my to do list getting 1k hits out of my Noveske just to to make some of the local bench rest chassis paper punchers weep)
    Thx
    We usually just run 77 gr Nosler OTMs loaded to .223 published max. We've been playing with a hotter load of TMKs too... closer to 5.56 velocity, and slightly over published max.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mark also loaded some hot TMK bullets. BH 77 OTM is a solid LR AR cartridge. Their 69 grain TMK is very flat shooting as well.

PB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123