Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: All-time worst beer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    FYI, Becks is like the German Budweiser.
    I'd have to agree with that. I'd say Becks is probably worse than some American macro brews; I'd go with Yeungling over a Becks all week long and twice on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG
    I thought that was Lowenbrau.

When I was in Germany I tried a bunch of Hennigers, Stern and about a dozen others I can't remember and Becks seemed the least difficult to drink. As a novice beer drinker I probably need a beer with training wheels.
    I wouldn't call Becks "difficult to drink". It's more that, being that it's from a country world famous for their beer, Becks is just plain boring.

For novice beer drinkers, I usually advise people to find something in the middle. If you start with things like Budweiser, Coors, Becks, etc, your impression of beer will be that it's just grain flavored water with no nuance. If you start with hardcore beers like imperial stouts, double IPAs, barleywines, and such, you'll find beer to be overwhelming. Go with a blonde ale, kolsch, a quality pilsner, or golden lager. Try different kinds and, if you find that you're enthusiastic about beer, try the higher ABV and stronger tasting ones.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I'd go with that. Difference being what's imported/popular to drink here vs what's actually sold in Germany
    Agree. It's a crime there are so many good regional beers over there that never make it to the States.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112