Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.56 Barrel

Feedback Score

5.56 Barrel

So I finally got around to buying the tools to work on AR's and now I have 2 brands of barrels to choose from from a friend. Both are just about the same, 1/8 twist and mid gas, one is a Faxton and one is a Kak, Which one do I pick?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Faxon was the worst barrel we ever shot. Poorly QPQ'd is my guess. Pappabear sent the POS back, and those clowns told us we'd shot 10,000 rounds thru it, but actual counts were no more than a few hundred.

Never heard of Kak.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why only those two? Lots of great barrels out there.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Price Point, already have super accurate AR and just wanted a decent barrel that matched up with my 6920 or my Bushmasters. I feel I'm kinda lucky so far in that all my ARs will do 1.5" with decent ammo.

Feedback Score
    Two of mine have Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile barrels, (one 5.56, one .308) and they both shoot very well. They are moderately priced.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    After a few low round count range trips with it, I looked at my Faxon 16" Big Gunner with a borescope.....damn ugly. I won't be putting it into a precision role (never actually got around to shooting it at more than 50 yards), so it will perform well enough. An 18" Big Gunner's much better, but I won't be buying any more.

I've also never heard of KAK.
    Last edited by grizzman; 05-12-20 at 22:15.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Two of mine have Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile barrels, (one 5.56, one .308) and they both shoot very well. They are moderately priced.
    Super pleased with my BA barrels. They are “fast” for their length and shoot cloverleafs. 2/3 were purchased used.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    For their price point, and maybe even a little beyond it, I've also seen good things with BA.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 05-13-20 at 06:42. Reason: Grammar

Feedback Score
    I just cant recommend Faxon anymore. One bad experience and countless others read online. I wouldnt be being KAK either, they are not a barrel maker. Prob just a rebranded cheap barrel

I would be looking at BA and Rosco if on a budget. Primary arms has sales and Granite Ridge, ArmorAlly, and Right to Bear have good deals on BA

If you have a 6920 and want a comparable barrel, Sionics makes a nice lightweight chrome barrel for about $180 and they are shooters.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I just cant recommend Faxon anymore. One bad experience and countless others read online. I wouldnt be being KAK either, they are not a barrel maker. Prob just a rebranded cheap barrel

I would be looking at BA and Rosco if on a budget. Primary arms has sales and Granite Ridge, ArmorAlly, and Right to Bear have good deals on BA

If you have a 6920 and want a comparable barrel, Sionics makes a nice lightweight chrome barrel for about $180 and they are shooters.
    Good point. If you look at sales on Sionics barrels at Primary Arms, you can sometimes get one below $160. I have had great results with Sionics, and they are my go to recommendation for people I help set up their first rifle. I've seen 10+ of their barrels so far. Just one guy's observation with a handful of happy shooters who agree.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast