Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 5.56 Barrel

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you don't really care about accuracy a ton, I would just pick the barrel that looks cooler.

I haven't owned a KAK barrel, but shot a season on my Faxon 14.5 match gunner. That tube seemed to like lighter bullets much more than heavier ones. The only load it was true sub moa for was my 50gr federal varmint. It didn't care for any 77's.

Since Faxon I have tried Rainer and BRT. The rainer was a little gassy, but a laser beam with the 77's. The BRT is my current and looks like a good tube to me.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    I've had quite a few Faxon barrels, 5.56, 7.62x39, 9mm, 308, 6.5CM. they've all been good, not a single lemon.

I've also got several KAK 7.62x39 barrels, and they are excellent. Of course, I'm only shooting Wolf steel case ammo, though, when it comes to 7.62x39.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I owned 2 KAK barrels for a 308 builds and they were solid shooters. don't know about their 5.56 but imagine the same

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red the Monkey View Post
    White oak armament if money is an issue. If not go with proof research.
    Cmon dude.....OP is asking about Faxon barrels and you recommend Proof Research. If the OP had PR money he wouldn't be asking about budget barrels.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatorangecat View Post
    Cmon dude.....OP is asking about Faxon barrels and you recommend Proof Research. If the OP had PR money he wouldn't be asking about budget barrels.
    +1
    always love these threads. On snipershide a guy is asking about budget handguards for his niece and guys are throwing Geiselle.

OP, and others for that matter, don't laugh but Anderson barrels are green mountain blanks for what it's worth and not bad on a budget. I've not personally built with them but a buddy has 2 and they shoot pretty well

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    surprising info in this thread, always thought of kak as super budget blasters... and gun jesus loves faxon, apparently he doesn't own a bore scope

Feedback Score
    Shopping for a barrel at the moment is a waste of time (OOS Every Where) Might try for a LaRue barrel?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    Shopping for a barrel at the moment is a waste of time (OOS Every Where) Might try for a LaRue barrel?
    Brownells has several colt barrels in stock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    You can always pay for a pre-order on a quality barrel and go from there. In the time people lose continuously waiting for things, they can prepay and get a quality product when it comes in rather than settling for a lesser product.

Feedback Score
    Have a number of Colt barrels and rather pass on more.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast