Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victory First - Brownells edition Glock gen 5 barrels (G17)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Victory First - Brownells edition Glock gen 5 barrels (G17)

So they are running a pretty decent sale right now, just wondering what to expect in quality and accuracy, one review states it has OEM accuracy? Thanks

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Back up and read the review for the same barrel only for the G19.5.
    A guy on IG that shoots a lot, put them in his 19/45/19x and a G43. He shoots a lot at indoor range in Iowa.
    He swears by them.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If they are like the previous versions, tack drivers.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    So there are people out there that have already shot out there barrels on there Get 5 guns? Wow.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What can I gain out of replacing my Gen5 barrels. Other than the ability to shoot lead, which I don't do anymore.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    So there are people out there that have already shot out there barrels on there Get 5 guns? Wow.
    I bet there are very few that have actually shot them out. We are talking barrels that are supposed to last 100k rounds.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    Sometimes people seek performance increases and have the capability and or need for such. Maybe they need to take that 1.5” gun to 1.25”. Also, let someone else test them out and say hey they are better in some way than OEM and that’s a useful data point for future buyers. Or, conversely, they can find out that there is no marked increase over an OEM barrel. Also providing a valuable data point. Or maybe they just want a threaded barrel.

Quit being sarcastic and contribute in a worthwhile fashion.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I thought Gen5 barrels were interchangeable with other generations, so could just be for a barrel upgrade. I have a Gen3 G19 with many many 1000's of rounds through it and it's fine. But for a small fee without buying a new gun I have thought about buying a Gen5 threaded or unthreaded barrel.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I thought Gen5 barrels were interchangeable with other generations, so could just be for a barrel upgrade. I have a Gen3 G19 with many many 1000's of rounds through it and it's fine. But for a small fee without buying a new gun I have thought about buying a Gen5 threaded or unthreaded barrel.
    No. Due to locking block modification in the Gen 5.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    No. Due to locking block modification in the Gen 5.
    I blame the internet....HAH, thank you glad I didn't buy one....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast