Thread: hydraulic buffer tubes for pump shotguns

Feedback Score

hydraulic buffer tubes for pump shotguns

Anyone have any experience with hydraulic buffer tubes on pump shotguns? Are they worth it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you talking about tactical kits such as these: https://www.mesatactical.com/product...and-20-ga.html

If so, the one that I have experience with is the Blackhawk Knoxx Stock: https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...s_id/712012865

We had a couple on range training shotguns. I didn't like them because the shotgun felt 'different' plus, we taught push-pull and that tends to tame recoil quite a bit if you actually do it. Student officers didn't much like them either. After the first shotgun session during which they were more likely to pick a 'tacticool' shotgun out of the rack, the shotguns with these stocks pretty much remained in the rack during subsequent sessions.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I had one and found that it pinched my face and knocked on my hand. It didn't really have many advantages. I guess if you extend your stock all the way out, then it would be useful, but I run mine collapsed so it was a no-go.

Feedback Score
    I bought one of the original style Knoxx stocks when they first came out---not the AR-15 style plunger-tube design---it took a little getting used to because the stock actually recoils into itself, but I found quite a bit of recoil reduction with this stock on my 18 1/2" bead sight 870---especially with the stiffer full-shout ammo---I left it on this 40 year old, polished blue 870... My other 870 is a "Police Magnum" (about 20 years old)---polished blue, 20" IC, bead sight with its factory wood stock---I put into the stock a "Mercury recoil reducer" I had lying around and installed one of the newer limb-saver recoil pads---that, plus shooting the reduced recoil ammo, tamed the kick quite nicely, but for "serious" work, both shotguns are loaded with full-power ammo! Both guns are totally reliable even through the older gun is pre Flex-Tab 2 3/4" only gun---in fact, ALL my 12 gauge ammo is 2 3/4" to avoid confusion... These 870s are my go-to shotguns when the "Peaceful Protests" turn out to be not so peaceful... My wife prefers a Mini 14 223 for these times...
    Last edited by jyo; 07-13-21 at 23:45.