Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
How do you guys verify the person isn't going to keep shooting/potentially damage the gun after sale?

6-12 months is a long time to give someone the price of a car.
If the seller was in-state, then I'd work the deal so that I could immediately take possession of the bolt, carrier, etc. (and the upper if an M16). A seller shouldn't have a problem with this as they'd still have the valuable part. Knowing where the person lives and being able to easily sue them is a definite plus.

For out of state purchases from individuals, I'd only do a 50/50. I bought my M16A2 lower half this way. I was confident this guy wouldn't shoot it because he still had several others. When I got it, it was still pristine as pictured. I did pass up a great deal on an FNC because the seller wanted all the cash up front. I figured if he was so insistent on all the money being up front and the price was so low, there was likely something wrong with the situation. As an added bonus, I figured out that the reference he gave me was the dude arrested for selling ammo to the Las Vegas massacre murderer. The main point I'm making here is that you need to get to know the seller and trust your instincts.