Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone here racked up time with a Bren 2 yet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    That's a pretty obnoxious post. Let's try and keep this mature, please.

Over time, magazine over insertion stops wear out. Coming down hard on a gun in the prone can do damage to this stop as well. Under stress, over inserting a magazine is a thing. Not everyone is a cool operator that uses EXACTLY the right amount of pressure to get their magazines to lock in while filming themselves for the 'gram.

I'm a push pull type of guy and as I've said before, I have numerous mags that I've shit canned because the over insertion stops have worn out. To date, this is all relegated to Pmags, never an aluminum or steel USGI pattern. Its a thing, whether you want to believe it or not. The ACR had horrible issues with over insertion of magazines. The Bren is a little bit better but it can still suffer from issues if the mag is inserted on the harder side of the spectrum and that top round vomits out.
    Lighten up Francis. Text communication misunderstanding (plague of our era) strikes again. I shouldn't have used the word "you." I mean "one" as in 'one should lay off the male hormone pills.' This wasn't an attack or aimed at you, just the result of a long day and a sudden mental image that gave me a laugh I decided to pass along in illustrated form. I'm not kidding. I wrote "He-man a mag in" and it was all over. It just flowed. 80's cartoons, steroid abuse, Testosterone 5000, vague memories of narrated youtube FLIR cam footage of a native banging a donkey in Afghanistan and everything.

Back on topic: I wasn't talking about over insertion dislodging rounds, just very aggressive insertion. I thought you were inferring that I meant overinsertion, and felt the need to clarify. I had no idea you'd personally broken or overridden multiple overinsertion stops. I've avoided using PMags for anything but practice since one from a bad batch of gen2 FDE pmags caused me multiple double feeds when putting down a sick animal.

In 8 years of bi-monthly 2-gun/3-gun, plus weekly practice sessions, using an AK and later an AR with USGI mags, I never had a mag overinsert. I've seen plenty of USGI mags ruined by people repeatedly slamming the shit out of them on open bolts though, thus my misunderstanding. And the He-man visual. And the warning about male hormone abuse and associated poor impulse control.
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-27-20 at 02:09. Reason: whoops, spelling

Feedback Score
    I know it's an old thread, but was there ever any resolution to the 7.62x39 version of the Bren 2 stove pipe and other malfunctions issue?

Feedback Score
    There was sort of a resolution. They did provide me a gas valve with smaller holes. It helped significantly, but I did have another stovepipe on a spent case this weekend. Aside from the over gassing, I think that another issue is the ejector. Most of the spent cases hit at the rear of the ejection port. They then bounce forward to about 12:30, often hitting the fingers of my left hand which are wrapped around the handguard. In the case of the picture below, the spent case hit the rear of the ejection port, bounced forward to hit the front of the ejection port and then got caught by the bolt carrier going forward. The design of the ejector spring seems odd to me. Why so long? I just don't think it provides enough force to get the case out quick enough.

In spite of the fact that the ergonomics are great, I would not recommend buying one. CZ has failed to support the platform and it doesn't look good going forward.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123