Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR15 Silent Recoil Spring System - Any experience with this one?

Feedback Score

Question AR15 Silent Recoil Spring System - Any experience with this one?

Howdy Everyone,

New to the forums and have enjoyed engaging with this knowledgeable community. Been looking to upgrade my AR15 recently - really want to remove that twang sound.

Found this Silent Recoil Spring System from JE Machine Tech on sale. I usually like to take my time on these kinds of decisions. But the sale ends on Sunday, and the price feels a little too good to pass up.

https://hunterselectusa.com/product/...spring-system/

Do any of you have any experience with this spring system? Any thoughts on JE Machine Tech as a brand?

Appreciate the insights!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm a fan of lightly greasing (Slip2000 EWG) the standard action spring. Does the same thing, and only costs a few pennies.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m going. To lean toward your being accurate: “...the price feels a little too good...”

Perhaps I don’t shoot enough, but I’ve never been annoyed by noise from the buffer and spring. Were I so annoyed, I would probably purchase the original:

https://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPSCS2-15
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like the sproing!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    To quote Jeff Cooper "an ingenious solution to a nonexistent problem". I would lump this in with adjustable gas blocks, adding complexity to simple systems that work, why?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    To quote Jeff Cooper "an ingenious solution to a nonexistent problem". I would lump this in with adjustable gas blocks, adding complexity to simple systems that work, why?
    Do you not shoot suppressed?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Do you not shoot suppressed?

Nope but the military shoots suppressed a lot with nary a adjustable gas block in sight.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Nope but the military shoots suppressed a lot with nary a adjustable gas block in sight.
    They also use a very loud can with no back pressure

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Appreciate all of the insight! I guess I'm a little sensitive to certain movement sounds with my AR.

Ended up purchasing one of the Silent Recoil Systems - I'll let y'all know how it goes.

I also really like that Slip2000 EWG trick georgeib! Definitely gonna try it.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    According to what kind of rifle. A nice real mil spec buffer tube with dry film will be a good bit quieter than a cheap tube. Way smoother, less scratchy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast