Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR15 Silent Recoil Spring System - Any experience with this one?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have shot at least 100 different AR15s and M16s and M4s in my life and I can recall exactly one AR that I could hear/feel the “sproing” noise that people complain about. It was 2006 and it was a post ban 20” Bushmaster with a fixed stock.

I’ve never heard it since. Is it specific to low end garbage or something?

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Do you not shoot suppressed?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    I do. Exclusively. What’s your point?
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 05-24-20 at 08:06.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    That adjustable gas blocks are a good good way to tune your suppressed rifle to the ammo that you are using.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I have shot at least 100 different AR15s and M16s and M4s in my life and I can recall exactly one AR that I could hear/feel the “sproing” noise that people complain about. It was 2006 and it was a post ban 20” Bushmaster with a fixed stock.

I’ve never heard it since. Is it specific to low end garbage or something?

Strange, the only one I can think of that bothered me was a post ban Bushy carbine. With a pinned carbine stock.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have an LR-308 that cycles so slow and springy that I get a kick out of shooting the damn thing just to hear it cycle.

OP, are you shooting with muffs or plugs? If muffs and you break your cheekweld and fire, do you still notice it? You may be resting the muff on the buffer tube and magnifying the spring noise.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Strange, the only one I can think of that bothered me was a post ban Bushy carbine. With a pinned carbine stock.
    I typically run Springco or VLTOR recoil springs and have never noticed the noise. My nephew has one of those cheap PSA build kits with a carbine spring of unknown origin and it's sproingy as hell. Even with a little lube on the spring it sounds like a rusty mattress.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    #TwinBros
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    My JP upper with a rifle length system on it will 'sproing'. I greased the spring which quieted it up, but the grease got dirty and started migrating forward, so I cleaned it all out. I'm living with the srping. It has an adjustable GB on it so I think tuning it has it so that you can sense and hear it better? I don't notice it on other guns, but all those are usually carbines.

My son's gammer gun we put a JP silent spring in. Works pretty well, but it is a carbine length set-up anyways. I'm pretty immune to distractions while shooting, but that 'sproing' was almost comical. Sounds like a spring BB gun, almost had be giggling on some stages.

Does a spring 'sroing' when it isn't coming back and smacking the crap out of the back of the receiver extension?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The face I think of when I hear the boing

Attachment 62597

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12