Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlebelt light - is brighter, BETTER?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    I have that light. It's great and versatile but I had to replace the tailcap with a Z68 tailcap due to the excessive amount of light NDs I'd get with the light in my pocket. It got to the point I wouldn't carry it because of how often it would ND with even slight movements.
    That's great info, thank you. I quit using a SF G2 for the same exact reason. I plan on grabbing one of those I linked for myself as I currently have an older SF E2D that I use on my belt. I'm honestly not a fan of the one click/two click switchology for different settings, as it's proven to be problematic once batteries are even just a little low. I'm hoping the rotating bezel will solve that for me. I have a few spare tailcaps from some M600's so I should be good in that regard.

If only there was a Dual Fuel Surefire Fury with a rotating bezel for 1500 lumen high and a decent low setting. That'd be the ticket I think.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    That's great info, thank you. I quit using a SF G2 for the same exact reason. I plan on grabbing one of those I linked for myself as I currently have an older SF E2D that I use on my belt. I'm honestly not a fan of the one click/two click switchology for different settings, as it's proven to be problematic once batteries are even just a little low. I'm hoping the rotating bezel will solve that for me. I have a few spare tailcaps from some M600's so I should be good in that regard.

If only there was a Dual Fuel Surefire Fury with a rotating bezel for 1500 lumen high and a decent low setting. That'd be the ticket I think.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    I'd definitely recommend the tactician as long as you replace the tailcap with the scout one. The clip design is bezel up which is what I prefer, but that coupled with the non-shrouded momentary only tailcap made it a royal PIA for back pocket edc. Sitting down at a restaurant and NDing 800 lumens into the table behind you is effing awkward and embarrassing.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    If you needed an admin light, there are a bazillion out there that would be much better suited to the task than the PentagonLight. A Streamlight penlight runs like 10 USD to 20 USD, is way smaller, and can still be used for map reading or navigation. Having a powerful handheld separate from your WML has its own use, I would think that ideally you would want a dedicated handheld with some power behind it, and a separate admin light (though I would just use my phone for such a task).
    Yeah, just get a little led light and clip it to your top button hole or chest rig and use that for maps/reading/admin. Keep it simple.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    I carry two lights on duty currently. The first is a Streamlight Stinger HL DS and a QuiqLite on my vest for lowlight admin tasks.The Stinger is my go to for most things. In my patrol bag is a Surefire Fury Dual Fuel for searching larger areas or when I need to push all the light out there.

If i was limited to stuff to keep mounted on a belt, the Fury DF is what I'd take with me.
    Last edited by Vandal; 03-11-21 at 01:10.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Battlebelt light - is brighter, BETTER?

I have wml on my rifles and pistols. I still keep a decent handheld on my belt. It doesn’t take up enough space or added weight to make a difference to me. If I need it, it’s there, and that’s a benefit in my book. As for general admin illumination, I use a Princeton Tec light attached to my ear protection. You can get them in white light only or white/red and white/blue. Great for little things, hands free, and flexible for directing light where you want it.

https://princetontec.com/product/switch/
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 03-11-21 at 06:22.

Feedback Score
    I use one of these on the suspender ring of my battle belt:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Lux-Pro-Bla...ght/1000183849

for 5 bucks, they're basically disposable.

Feedback Score
    I am a big believer in bringing 3 of something important. Two is one, one is none, and an extra for a friend. This applies to common use stuff like: handcuffs, lights, exam gloves, zip cuffs, keys... I think you get the point.

I carried a surefire dual power light on my belt, a headlamp, and a streamlight penlight. In addition, every weapon had a mounted light.

Given the small size of these things and their high utility, they are (to me, at least) very much worth the space.

I think that it helps to have a retina burning light on the weapon, a medium lumen output handheld, and at least one admin-only type light. A red source is a plus, too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    I am a big believer in bringing 3 of something important. Two is one, one is none, and an extra for a friend. This applies to common use stuff like: handcuffs, lights, exam gloves, zip cuffs, keys... I think you get the point.

I carried a surefire dual power light on my belt, a headlamp, and a streamlight penlight. In addition, every weapon had a mounted light.

Given the small size of these things and their high utility, they are (to me, at least) very much worth the space.

I think that it helps to have a retina burning light on the weapon, a medium lumen output handheld, and at least one admin-only type light. A red source is a plus, too.
    Well said.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Why not Zoidberg?
    https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-pd...tical-edition/

Xray the cat AND read a map...
    The "tactical" version linked also features a "lock-out" mode, for folks afraid of the side-button inadvertently changing settings in a pocket/pouch and losing that instant eye-frying "gas pedal" mode.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    New to guns so sorry if this sounds stupid, but does that attach to your gun or is it handheld? I see no way for it to be attached, so why carry another item when you're already carrying a huge firearm?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast