Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grendel mags and case taper

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    As an update, I recently bought one ASC mag. It has worked with a few loadings and holds 25 rnds. Super small sample, I know. The body is nearly indistinguishable from a USGI, with the exception of the ribs being shallower. Thus, it fits in my mag pouches, and has the right feel when doing mag changes. Not all curvy like the CPD’s. Next up, PRI and E-Lander, and I’ll buy several of whichever two or three that I like most and see how it goes long-term.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    As a data point all the ones we use are std 30 rd form factor or 20 rnd straight.

I don't like the oddball curved ones.

Feedback Score
    As to Why the Curve, it may simply be that re-engineering a 30 round 7.62x39 mag was the simplest solution.
    My 30 round CPD & ASC 5.45x39 rnd mags have the same profile as a std. 5.56 mag. To my eyes, a 6.5g round is closer in profile to 5.45x39.

I have found that 6.5g won’t feed reliably thru either a CPD 7.62x39 or CPD 5.45x39 mag. I can barely tell the difference between my 20 or 30 rnd CPDs in 7.62x39 vs 6.5G looking at them side by side but the results don’t lie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12