Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIG mag shortage?

Feedback Score

SIG mag shortage?

Another victim of the Corona virus?

"Thank you for purchasing a SIG SAUER firearm. Due to the recent events surrounding COVID-19 we were forced to make a change in the packaging of certain SIG SAUER firearms. In some cases, because of global supply chain challenges and our commitments to the US military and law enforcement, the number of magazines packaged with certain P320 and P365 firearms was limited to one(1).

We are currently working with our manufacturing partners to increase our supply of magazines. We are fully committed to ensuring you receive your additional magazine(s) as quickly and as efficiently as possible once supplies become available."

https://www.sigsauer.com/magazineredemption/
    Last edited by Slater; 04-29-20 at 07:40.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Yeah we received a letter from sig about that. They did it in 2012 as well.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Aren’t most Sig Sauer magazines manufactured in Italy, which was hit quite hard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Aren’t most Sig Sauer magazines manufactured in Italy, which was hit quite hard?
    Yes, their long time OEM is "MecGar" which is in Italy, but they also started using CheckMate with is in the USA.

I'm sure the C19 drama impacted production / shipping / etc for both OEMs.

Feedback Score
    Wonder if the P320 i have on order will come with one mag. Its been ordered for a month now. This is the first i heard of this.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    And you already know some dealers will take the others out once they know this.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Supposedly, all guns shipped from SIG with one mag will have an "M" suffix in the SKU/part number.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thank goodness I stocked up on mags a few months ago...

At least Sig will step up and get anyone the mags at some point..

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    From a Sig rep on AR15
    This just started in the weeks after the CV shutdowns. This is/was a temporary solution for us to continue shipping Guns into the market.

Due to constraints from suppliers, whether it was shutdowns, loss of production, shipping, etc it caused a temporary crunch in our availability of mags.

The redemption coupon that came associated with your gun(s) is good to make the standard configuration whole.

These SKUs are denoted by ending in “-1M”. So a “standard” SKU would look like “320F-9-M17”. That would mean a “320F-9-M17-1M” would come with a single mag and a redemption coupon to complete your configuration. Not all firearm SKUs were affected.

Situations like these aren’t ideal - but our alternative was to suspend shipment of firearms affected by mag supply issues.

If you have iss
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Not surprising, SIG has done this before - but at least this time they are tagging the products so people know which ones are true '1 magazine' products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast