Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMT MWS Optic Suggestions

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tresmonos View Post
    I was almost dead set on the NX8 but feedback suggests the eye box is very tight.
    Very tight eye box on NX8. My 20" 6.5 sports a 4x16 ATACR. If you really want a LVPO 1x8 ATACR is what I have on my 16" 308 and love it.

Feedback Score
    I have a Nightforce NX8 and it's a great little unit. I'd have no problems using it on my LMT MWS.

But... the Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10x is as close to the perfect LPVO currently in existence, and what I'll be picking up soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I copped the Vortex 4-27 HD. I feel a little bit like a poor, but for the price, a NX8 was $400 more and I don't want a restrictive eyebox. If I don't like it, I'll be able to flip it for very little loss.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That Vortex seems to be very popular with the benchrest precision shooters, IIRC. Depending on how you're planning to use the gun, it could very well suit your needs. The Razor line really delivers quality glass at their pricepoint.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    That Vortex seems to be very popular with the benchrest precision shooters, IIRC. Depending on how you're planning to use the gun, it could very well suit your needs. The Razor line really delivers quality glass at their pricepoint.
    I heeded the advice in this thread and picked something that would be useful for the 22" 6.5 barrel. The 4X looks like it would be fine for a 13.5" or 16" .308 as well. I wanted something that wasn't insanely cost prohibitive but would allow me to have some fun at the 750 yd range I have access to.

After handling the glass, I am not disappointed. I just need the seekins cantilever mount to come in so I can use it this weekend.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tresmonos View Post
    I copped the Vortex 4-27 HD. I feel a little bit like a poor, but for the price, a NX8 was $400 more and I don't want a restrictive eyebox. If I don't like it, I'll be able to flip it for very little loss.
    That optic will suite you just fine. Good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    You can also look at the NF SHV line of scopes. Less cost with many of the same features on some of the more expensive NF scopes. However, the SHV can be some what heavy compared to the other NF scopes. Still, worth looking at.

https://www.nightforceoptics.com/riflescopes/shv

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    You can also look at the NF SHV line of scopes. Less cost with many of the same features on some of the more expensive NF scopes. However, the SHV can be some what heavy compared to the other NF scopes. Still, worth looking at.

https://www.nightforceoptics.com/riflescopes/shv
    SHV are heavier than NXS or ATACR?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    SHV are heavier than NXS or ATACR?

PB
    Upon further investigation, I stand corrected. The SHV line is lighter. Size comparable of course. I have the 4-14x50 F1 and it is a great scope. I just wish I had a tad more magnification. The Leupold Mk5 is quite a bit lighter than comparable NF scopes.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle...ctedSku=173298
    Last edited by duece71; 07-02-20 at 16:56.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12