Thread: 9x19 Gold Dot Ammo ID - UPDATED

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

9x19 Gold Dot Ammo ID - UPDATED

A local gun store is selling Speer Gold 9x19 LE 8 gram (124 grain) in a white 50 round box for $25. I have been buying two boxes every time I stop by and have a comfortable stash by now.

Can anyone tell me specifically what these are from the pics? I assume they are standard pressure LE contract overruns. Headstamps are: (clockwise) SPEER 18 9x19 029

Thank you!

Andy

Front

Back

Side

End

Last edited by AndyLate; 05-18-20 at 15:44.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Those are obviously the wimpier “made for France/Quebec” version.

Sorry, I couldn’t restrain myself.
    My guess would be Standard Pressure. Barring actual insight from members, I’d just chrono a few and find out what they are.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Yeah, I'm kind of afraid they are made for the French army and a white flag will pop out my muzzle when I pull the trigger. At least if the are Canadian, the flag will say "Bang, eh?"

Andy

Feedback Score
    They may be loaded to CIP standards and not SAAMI (I don’t know this to be the case). If they are they may be a bit higher pressure than SAAMI standard. Like someone else said, chrono some and find out. If you don’t have a chrono, send a few rounds to me and I’ll check them in whatever barrel length you want.
    Last edited by JimmyB62; 05-17-20 at 18:28.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Those are obviously the wimpier “made for France/Quebec” version.

Sorry, I couldn’t restrain myself.
    My guess would be Standard Pressure. Barring actual insight from members, I’d just chrono a few and find out what they are.
    White box serves duel role as surrender flag. Lol
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP- Give Speer a call with the lot number and ask directly. The response you receive will include a canned "meets safe commercial specifications", but they may be able to tell you something more. Share back what you've learned.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I reached out to Speer this morning via their site, and their Techical Service Supervisor replied "___, this in made to 9X19 NATO specification and would be at +P pressures."

I appreciate the chrono offer, Gaijin.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 05-18-20 at 16:21.