Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speer Gold Dot .223

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Speer Gold Dot .223

Doc, have you guys tested Speer Gold Dot .223 64gr yet? Supposedly its a superior barrier round to LE223T3 and is meant to feed better.

I'd like to see how it compares against LE223T3 with regards to both bare gel and windshield ect.

Feedback Score
    Being tested right now.

Feedback Score
    Here's a thread from TOS. It will have to do until the good Doc gets his report done. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...=399914&page=2 - while most of TOS is a waste, this guy seems to be fairly squared away...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    Here's a thread from TOS. It will have to do until the good Doc gets his report done. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...=399914&page=2 - while most of TOS is a waste, this guy seems to be fairly squared away...

Spooky
    Yeah I read it, seems that it has great accuracy potential but it doesnt say anything on how it performs terminally.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Yeah I read it, seems that it has great accuracy potential but it doesnt say anything on how it performs terminally.
    True, but it will give you something to hold you over until Doc gets his report out! Also, I know the load from TOS is the 24448 and I know personally that a large US federal LE agency is using 24450 which I can't find on Speer's site. I wonder if there is a difference between the loadings - the boxes look identical.

Hopefully is a good alternative to the LE223T3 since I've seen it advertised for about 1/3 of the price!

Spooky

ETA: Available at: http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail....mber=CCI-24448
    Last edited by Spooky130; 11-26-08 at 10:09.

Feedback Score
    Would be interesting to compare this against Win 64 Power Point and a comparable load featuring Sierra's 65 Gameking.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yep, have tested it extensively last year before it was out to the public.

Has great performance, thru media. Shows little flight deviance thru auto glass, and holds together real well.

Appears to be a winner.
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.

Feedback Score
    jmart,

It is not comparable to the Win 64 gr, 64 gr TRU, 65 gr GK or other similar loads that are not ideal against intermediate barriers--it acts more like the Fed Tac 62 gr TBBC or Nosler 60 gr Partition.

Feedback Score
    Doc,

Gotcha. I didn't expect the others to behave like a bonded core bullet, I was just saying it would be interesting to see how each design behaves in the different medium.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    True, but it will give you something to hold you over until Doc gets his report out! Also, I know the load from TOS is the 24448 and I know personally that a large US federal LE agency is using 24450 which I can't find on Speer's site. I wonder if there is a difference between the loadings - the boxes look identical.

Hopefully is a good alternative to the LE223T3 since I've seen it advertised for about 1/3 of the price!

Spooky

ETA: Available at: http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail....mber=CCI-24448
    Thanks for link. I think I'll stick with the TBBC load until the testing proves that .223 gold is equal to or better than the TBBC.

Also do you need a dept letterhead or a some form of LEO identification to order from them?
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 11-28-08 at 17:19.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast